Tim's 133 progress thread

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UltimateGreen

Reaction score
Owned the car now for 4 weeks.. still think it's a cool little car :) Although needs some time and money being spent on it! Or maybe just an excuse to buy car parts!! :lol:

Thing's I've done so far..

- Took that bung out the air box and put a BMC filter in.. Also took out the resonator.

bmc-air-filter-585-20-renault-twingo-2_1_zps2eea74c5.jpg

Noticed straight away that it idled a lot better and a tiny bit better throttle response.. Good buy!

- Replaced my side light/number plate/interior bulbs for white LED's
- Replaced headlight bulbs for OSRAM Night breaker unlimited bulbs
- And indicator bulbs for silvatec non-amber bulbs.

- Replaced front speaker's for Pioneer TS-130Ci Custom Fit
- New headunit: Pioneer DEH-4500BT

Work's really well for the money!

IMG_0965_zps941b995a.jpg

Painted the calipers red as they looked so tatty before.. not 100% but much better than they were!

IMG_0992_zps7baab33a.jpg

IMG_0999_zpsfb7b223e.jpg

IMG_0996_zps9d27478e.jpg

Happy with the car so far but more to come .. :lol:

I had a bmc filter on my old 133 good buy. I've got a piper cross panel filter now on my clio gt dci pulls really well now

looks really good tim. can't help but want to see those wheels black, and one of tomasz's cup spoilers on your car painted black! + your mirror caps and all other associated trim in black like the front foglight surrounds are :)

GW 133's with colour coded black trim + wheels is always a win for me. with those red calipers, it'd really finnish the exterior off

Thought I'd try a little bit of extra detailing..

High temp resistant vinyl decals :?:

IMG_1003_zps6d983c4b.jpg

oscar":33t3zo4s said:
looks really good tim. can't help but want to see those wheels black, and one of tomasz's cup spoilers on your car painted black! + your mirror caps and all other associated trim in black like the front foglight surrounds are :)

GW 133's with colour coded black trim + wheels is always a win for me. with those red calipers, it'd really finnish the exterior off

Yeah mate, know what your saying.. black detailing does look good with white cars :D

My spoiler/wing mirrors and fog surrounds are black.. I'm getting my wheels done next week...... ;)

The callipers look really good mate, what paint did you use? Just brushed on??

Nick3814":2vca65la said:

Cheers mate... Yea just left over red caliper paint from Halfords that I used on my previous car, a brush and a steady hand! I put 3 coats on front and back.

UltimateGreen":207j87dv said:
Nick3814":207j87dv said:

Cheers mate... Yea just left over red caliper paint from Halfords that I used on my previous car, a brush and a steady hand! I put 3 coats on front and back.

How well does it last mate! I'd be tempted but wouldn't want them to go flat over time cos it looks crap when they're not shiney!

Nick3814":29ifde7m said:
UltimateGreen":29ifde7m said:
Nick3814":29ifde7m said:

How well does it last mate! I'd be tempted but wouldn't want them to go flat over time cos it looks crap when they're not shiney!

Lasts fine mate, well did with me anyway...

This was 2 years on from when I painted my last cars brakes.. still bright red and shiney :cool:

foj_zps006c26c8.jpg

Received my new wishbones in the post this week as my ball joints were fooked. :? Thanks to Adam Greenhouse at Wolverhampton Renault for getting me the new wishbones a little cheaper and delivered and to Oscar on here for putting me on to him. :mrgreen:

Had a bit of a nightmare with the near side but all sorted now.. Everyone I show cannot believe how bad the ball joints are on my car that's 3 years old and that's done 18k miles! My first Renault I've owned and think it will be my last! :| Not only the build quality of the car but the customer service I've received has been disgusting... Anyway, rant over, here's some pics...

Both sides in this condition

photo3_zps1e0cfdbb.jpg

New parts to be fitted (Can't believe they didn't come with new nuts !!)

photo1_zps1be71f7e.jpg

Got my tracking done after I fitted these and now feels a lot better.

Had my Vibra Technics torque link fitted today, really good/effective mod!

Reduces engine movement (Twingo's engine mounts are like marshmellows!!) and it improves gear selection.
Also stops 'Kangarooing' when in stop/start everyday traffic.

Feels and drives a lot better.

photo2_zps97a0aca2.jpg

i could frighten you even more mate. i can show you the list of known faults for top of the range audi's, bmw's, a bunch of VW's (good god let's not even start with SEAT!) .... in which case i'd put renault's in the top 5 of fault free cars next to kia, toyota, honda, nissan & volvo / ford right now. i really don't think this will be your last renault ;)

did you get those nuts in the end mate? were they the castellated nuts or nylocs ?

I didn't manage to get down there today.. I have the nyloc nut that was on the old ball joint on one side and as I said, used a Mini Cooper S ball joint nut for the near side. The new ball joints should come with new nuts for the £ they cost!! :|

go back into renault and say oii new nuts or you're getting kicked in the nuts. they'll give you them for free either way, as if they'll ask you to whip the credit card out to pay the £1.32 or something for the two nuts. typical parts people, have absolutely no idea about anything.

i remember once i asked anti roll bar drop link and got delivered a set of brake pads for a renault 19. obviously, it was an easy mistake to make.

oscar":jwyi7dz1 said:
go back into renault and say oii new nuts or you're getting kicked in the nuts. they'll give you them for free either way, as if they'll ask you to whip the credit card out to pay the £1.32 or something for the two nuts. typical parts people, have absolutely no idea about anything.

i remember once i asked anti roll bar drop link and got delivered a set of brake pads for a renault 19. obviously, it was an easy mistake to make.

I hate to say it but the BMW Mini Cooper S ball joint nut that I fitted seemed a lot better at the job than the Renault part! :lol:

I might just go to BMW and ask for another nut to match! :lol:

Yea the guy at my local Renault parts, his favourite line is "Well it's not on the diagram I'm looking at on the screen"... Well dickhead, If you got off your back side and actually took an interest in the motor car your representing you will know what I'm talking about instead of looking at your computer screen all day! :lol:

it should do a better job, nyloc nut's aren't re-usable lol. you'd think all these design wizzards could create a nut you can use again and again eh?

COMPYOOTA SAYS NO :/ your best bet is to deal with adam @ renault like i told you to, you know you're getting OEM at the best of prices and for anything brakes wise you need i can also direct you over to another champ of a guy :) adam really knows his parts inside and out, doesn't matter what model of renault new or old. we need him on here! i've been telling him to sign up but he's pretty stubborn

Than look for a better garage. I bought my car in a big Renault garage because they can give the biggest discounts. For service and parts you need to look for smaller Renault garages.