togs twingo gt

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbotog

Reaction score
Ok, I needed a fuel efficient car to run around as a 350hp+ impreza struggles above 15mpg, I had driven and loved the tce engine in the clio which I had as a work car for a while, and knew it didnt drink too much but wasnt deadly slow.. so went out in search of a clio. .
Struggled to find many decent examples but came across a little twingo gt.. which I thought looked sportier than the clio, and due to size, would be nippier and even better in the fuel.. so thats what I got!

2012-03-02155729_zps23abe18a.jpg

I bought it standard, just stuck my private plate that I had on retention since selling my old A4 quattro.
Next I needed some sound.. so a quick tinker disconnecting the recirculating dump valve, and plugging the hole, gave me some bov fun.. also added a turbo badge
I also got given some sony speakers that fitted.. so changed those around as standard speakers are terrible!
Also disconnected the rear wiper and stood it straight ( I like symmetry but didnt want to remove the wiper motor)
Next a cheap ass backbox. . Just to add some tone.. and surprisingly sounds pretty nice once the wastegate opens up!
I also painted the spoiler, wing mirrors and rear Renault badge white.. I plan on doing the front Renault badge, fog surrounds and possibly the wheels white also.
Added a little sticker. . "Not sponsored by mummy and daddy" - too many kids in my area get 20/30k inheritance for car funds..
Also added some heko wind deflectors..
Then needed some new tyres.. always a good excuse to upgrade and get some nice wheels..
From the 15" ford st wannabe wheels on tractor profile tyres, and 6.5j, to some nice dished 17s, low profile 7.5j.. much more stable at speed! And transformed the look of the car

20130110_122617_zpsfab033b4.jpg

20130319_174319_zps848e01e5.jpg

Also changed all the interior, side and number plate bulbs to leds for that modern look as well as getting some tinted blue main bulbs..
Ordered a laguna splitter too which I am waiting to be delivered..
Next I want to lower the car and get some spacers on it.. get the stance sorted..
Then I need to get some more boost.. remap and decat me thinks! Dont want more than 125 hp though.. dont want to ruin the fuel efficiency!

Welcome!
Looks good mate! There's a few people on here with GT's including myself, you should have a look at progress threads as there's a lot of mods that can be done.

Hi, thanks! Just interior lights changed to led.. I might get some buckets and strip the interior out in time.. this isnt my main project though.

No rubbing what so ever, its close though. . Et 35 and they fit nicely
Im using 205s, but my subaru wheels of the same dimensions use 215s.. so they are very slightly stretched. The 215s probably would cause rubbing on the twingo.

Ive been a visitor here for a while and read quite a few threads.. only just started commenting though.

I will be adding a new photo in the next week or so as soon as my splitter gets delivered. .

Sorry, I meant the 215s might rub if lowered quite a bit. They are fine now tbh,.. I wont be going silly low anyway, the roads around me arent the smoothest.. but I might try some 195s when I do anyway..

www.rstuner.com will be your best bet, 120bhp, can upload it yourself from your laptop, loads more low down torque, same if not better fuel consumption and cheaper than paying someone to do it for you. Removes the modern non turbo feel and gives you an old skool turbo kick!

your exhaust will also sound better since you will be running a bar of boost lol