top mounts

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex12fowler

Reaction score
I got some 2nd hand ktec top mounts and i went to fit them today. You have to drill the three holes through the body shell for the top and bottom parts of the mount to bolt together. I am struggling to line everything up so i drill these holes in the right pace, does anyone have a method of doing this because in really stuck

Put the mount down get a marker and draw a few circles through the bolt holes and droll through the centre of them?

That seems to be a simple way i just wondered if i had missed another easy way of doing it

You need to drill this before you fit the top mount to the strut (so you still have two halves), I marked through the top ring with a marker pen (the ring should centralize in the strut hole with the lower part of the mounting pushed through the hole with of course the shock removed) then dot punched the centre of the hole ready for drilling - you might need to open them out a little if your drilling is a little off, remember to have one hole facing forward like in this photo which should mean you would be able to fit a strut brace (once Pure Motorsport have sorted it)

IMG_1174.jpg

If you have any problems drop me a PM

Rob.