top mounts

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mostin

Reaction score
has any body attempted the trick they do on 182's with the large washer under the top mount? If so has it worked?

That won't actualy cure the top mount being worn. all it does is allow some more room between the inner wing (hole) and the upper plate (mushroom) to mask the fault

The thrust bearing and the rubber bush that goes ontop of the strut and locates in the underside of the inner wing is the important part of the topmount. Being worn, the strut top can move about more than intended, therefore knocking and creaking from the upper plate which shouldn't touch the wing unless the suspension is unloaded (jacked up or airborn)

yeah i understand your point. Does anybody know where top-mounts can be bought from and whether or not its much of a job?

mostin":151opx4i said:
yeah i understand your point. Does anybody know where top-mounts can be bought from and whether or not its much of a job?

Renault dealers.

And to remove the passenger side one easy but the drivers on need to take the wipers and scuttle panel off.

Mine creaked on full lock when I first got it. I sent it back to Renault who mentioned it being a common fault on 182's. They applied the same remedy to mine which involved some sort of spacer between the strut and top mount which cured it.
Speak to Renault as the guy who fixed mine logged it on the system.

just to let you all know, the top mounts were not at fault, it was the lower balljoints.