toxic fume system warning light?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LC

Reaction score
Just had this come on it stayed on didn't flash along with the service light and then went away just after I started the car and drove it a little down the road is this something I should be worried about?

It did go away fairly quickly however the car felt down on power before the light came on

The car has just had a full service + plugs and is under warranty @ 30,000 miles

basically the warning light means that your car is misfiring and your oxygen sensor is picking up excessive HC's in your exhaust emissions and will damage your cat although if left for long enough. if under warranty i'd get it in asap

edit * - the culprit is usually a blocked fuel injector. get a hold of some forte injector cleaner, not the redex or halfords gear

oscar":2o542b1f said:
basically the warning light means that your car is misfiring and your oxygen sensor is picking up excessive HC's in your exhaust emissions and will damage your cat although if left for long enough. if under warranty i'd get it in asap

edit * - the culprit is usually a blocked fuel injector. get a hold of some forte injector cleaner, not the redex or halfords gear

Cheers for that Oscar

I'll get some of it ordered seems to be recommended by renault

shouldn't be anything serious LC, basically what it is detecting is unburnt fuel from #2 oxygen sensor. could be a few things although in fairness one of them was an out of clearance spark gap but that won't be the issue. for future reference it should only cost you about 20 pounds + the labour for removing the injectors to be machine cleaned and refitted and with a GT model this is a five minute job on removal and refit

oscar":2vf09q51 said:
shouldn't be anything serious LC, basically what it is detecting is unburnt fuel from #2 oxygen sensor. could be a few things although in fairness one of them was an out of clearance spark gap but that won't be the issue. for future reference it should only cost you about 20 pounds + the labour for removing the injectors to be machine cleaned and refitted and with a GT model this is a five minute job on removal and refit

I'm hearing about coil packs and things should be covered under warranty I'll just go a little easier on it and not race and lose to golf GTIs lol

if you fancy testing for your coil pack (and for plugs) mate what you need is some insulated wooden tongs. take one spark plug out and hold it in the tongs with the coil pack connected, put the tip of the spark plug a few mm's away from the cylinder head and then get someone to start the car and watch it spark.don't be scared of a 140,000 volts through you ;) only 1 you should notice the odd one out, if one wasn't sparking as fast as the others or appeared very hessitant and missing the occasional spark then your coil pack would be an issue. you're right that's covered under warranty as it's an ignition part, but i'm convinced the forte injector cleaner will fix this one :D

oscar":2f4hz4co said:
if you fancy testing for your coil pack (and for plugs) mate what you need is some insulated wooden tongs. take one spark plug out and hold it in the tongs with the coil pack connected, put the tip of the spark plug a few mm's away from the cylinder head and then get someone to start the car and watch it spark.don't be scared of a 140,000 volts through you ;) only 1 you should notice the odd one out, if one wasn't sparking as fast as the others or appeared very hessitant and missing the occasional spark then your coil pack would be an issue. you're right that's covered under warranty as it's an ignition part, but i'm convinced the forte injector cleaner will fix this one :D
I will get it ordered my good friend more symptoms like the car had delayed acceleration today so i think it must be the injectors I'll get the cleaner in Tuesday