Traction control & service light

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twingo133

Reaction score
Hi guys!

Wonder if anyone could help me? I'm having some trouble with my car and am struggling to diagnose it.

In January this year it was put into the garage and had a new exhaust fitted, regrettably I went to a friends garage and had them do it in order to try and save some money as he assure me he was up to the Job.

After collecting the car I noticed that my service light was on, I knew that it did need a service and was booked in Renault for a couple of days later, I also noticed my traction control light was on. I tried pushing the button to get the light off and turned it off etc and nothing.

Since then I have neglected to get it sorted as it hasn't really effected the way the car is or anything like that but when it was in Renault they said that they put it on the computer to see the fault code.
They then diagnosed it as the front traction control angle sensor.

Armed with this I spoke to another good friend who owns a garage local to me and asked him what he would do. He told me that it was a simple fix with a new abs/traction control sensor.

He then took my car and replaced it. Problem not solved.

I spoke to a Renault technician who had my car for the day in his spare time and he couldn't diagnose it either.

My friend also plugged the car into his snap on kit and come up with the following code 20824 ( 5158) and said that it is the steering angle calibration that needs adjusting!

When my car is turned on with the wheels on full lock it is not a problem but as soon as the wheel is turned it comes on.

Getting to the end of my tether with it now so wondering it there are any Heros on here that I have any idea what's wrong with my car???

Sorry about the long winded essay! Needed a bit of a rant I suppose!

James

Well a friend of mine wiped the code at the garage but it come back up again! its acting really strange!