Traction control

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

case1

Reaction score
How would I know if this is actually working?

I've never seen the light on my tachometer come on and the times that I think TC is working, I hear a electrical clicking type sound coming from behind the steering wheel, which I would take a guess and say that isn't a good?!

Just to note; I've pulled off a fair few times and span the wheels, kinda expected it to kick in there?

don't hold me to this, but in renaultsport's the traction control is a lateral stability system to stop you from sliding. it will apply the brakes via the ABS system to the correct wheel to aid in correcting a slide or skid, wheras wheels spin is not something it will correct.

i also didn't know GT's had traction control to be fair. i could stand corrected however, and if it does ... it will have to be inbuilt into the ECU to always be on as there are no buttons for it to the best of my knowledge. hmmmm

like Oscar says its Electronic Stability Program the twingo has so it deals with stability of the car will break individual wheels etc but it also has traction control built in and will limit wheelspin when its detected.

It was an option on GT's but ive only ever saw one with it before! the button will be at your left knee to disable it and when its disabled the light on your dial will light up. Very unlikely you have it though

I've only ever seen the light come up when I hit ice in my car. It doesn't pop up on more aggressive starts in the wet for me

It definitely stops the wheels spinning on a hard start, without a doubt.
If I turn it off the wheels spin up much easier although on a dry day it pulls off much easier with TC off

Thanks for the replies people.

I've found the spot where the button should be, but it's filled in by a piece of plastic. I don't like those little bits of plastic in cars!

Could the clicking noise be anything to do with the ESP not turning on then, as in a dodgy wire?

i may install the traction control button soon for all you GT chaps. it's very easy to retrofit. basically traction control is always on in the twingo so adding the button and tapping into the wiring means that with the button you can turn it off and have a bit of fun!

Do does the GT actually have traction control? If it does it doesent work very well in mine :lol: Doesent seem to aid wheelspin at all?
Also, has anyone actually gone about fitting the TC button on a Non-RS?