trim spray quote

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbird

Reaction score
Hey, I just got a quote to repsray all of the light grey trim so wing mirrors fog light surrounds and spoiler all for about £220, is this a good quote or not? I have no idea

dbird":2grfecoy said:
Hey, I just got a quote to repsray all of the light grey trim so wing mirrors fog light surrounds and spoiler all for about £220, is this a good quote or not? I have no idea

well to put it into context, i had my roof / bonnet / font reg recess / rear recess / spoiler and my wheels done in takata green for £300 and that's our usual price

from the same place (the body shop in my work, same premises although 2 different companies) i was quoted £80 to do my wing mirrors / front and rear renault diamonds in black + the spoiler takata green (but i decided not to! not got the balls to go THAT mental) would have amounted to 150 in total. there is never a set price for this sort of work, judge the company on the work they put out. if their work is good, and you hear good things then 220 is worth it :)

what colour are you going? if it's black / white or something, you can plasti dip it yourself. using that stuff is lots of fun, it's impossible to mess up. doesn't run on you like paint does. turns to rubber almost instantly lol

Okay fair enough! You're getting cheap prices! Work discount I'm guessing? The rough sort of colour is on my progress thread if you wanna have a look at give me some opinions would be great :)

not work prices mate, that's their everyday prices regardless of who :) darkish anthracite wasn't it? very simple colour to do. will look really good in the end

shop around for some quotes so you can get a feel of the prices in your area. avoid big dealerships and bigger bodyshops, that doesn't gurantee good work!

That price is cheap mate. My mate charges £250 a panel there's a lot of work involved it's not just painting the bits it's prepping them aswel as maggz said it all takes time

dbird":3o3lt6q2 said:
Is prepping things like removing the parts from my car? Because I can just do that myself?
Sanding and scotting the parts and filer-ring if needed

parts are already smoothed and flat. they'll simply remove the paint with paint remover ; no sanding involved whatsoever, that's far to labour intensive. straight to primer, flatten the primer top coat and then on with the paint and lacquer especially with poly plastic parts such as those which dbird wants doing

this work ended up costing £466..... new spoiler and wing mirrors and fog light surrounds as well as two minuscule dents...... I think I've been mugged off but its a friend of a friend so I'm slightly unsure, either way its WAY more than I was hoping for

depends on how they repaired the dents. welding a plug onto the dent and pulling is the usual way but they may have done a paintless dent removal (they use mirrors etc to reflect the light of the surface and by the shape of the light you can tell when it's flat and true again....fancy stuff!) but, i believe i've already said it but i got my gt spoiler, roof, bonnet, front and rear reg recess done for 300 all in and other places quoted me 380-450 but even that is a considerable amount larger area that i was having painted .... you should have took my postal to me and postal back offer :p