Twig is curbed. Repair or full refurb?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zoe

Reaction score
Hope this is the right section, mods feel free to shout at me.

Mr Dw118 asked me to post this.

He curbed twig to give way to an ambulance (yes him, nothing to do with me) this is the damage......
u7atuget.jpg

Obviously he is looking to get fixed asap, he said he has been told by one person that fixes this sort of stuff that because they are glossy black they wont be able to repair? And would have to be a full refurb? Is this right?

How much would you be looking at for a repair? And how much for full alloy refurb?

Be nice now x

Dunno about repair but I have 4 wheels in for refurb at the moment. £62 using a standard paint or £71 using a stupid renault paint code that's hard too get. The going rate around my way seems to be £60-£65 if that helps.

MovingShadow":pb5gs7vw said:
Damn, thats one dirty wheel :p
:lol: If you think thats bad...clio hasnt been cleaned in 8 months ;)

And thanks chicken, I will pass it on.

Wife done the same on my rs I paid Reno £60 to refurb it.

Ask your Reno dealer if they can do it because there have the proper paint

Dazza1":203b4n0y said:

Got my first service due soon, when i book in for a service will see about the alloy, may as well if its gona be there anyway.

dw118":1t2sthtu said:
Dazza1":1t2sthtu said:

Got my first service due soon, when i book in for a service will see about the alloy, may as well if its gona be there anyway.
They do a good job

Dazza1":33bkm9mq said:
dw118":33bkm9mq said:
Dazza1":33bkm9mq said:

They do a good job

When i went to renault about mine they said they use an external company, they dont do their own.

Daveyb133":gscgrr4i said:
Dazza1":gscgrr4i said:
dw118":gscgrr4i said:
Dazza1":gscgrr4i said:

They do a good job

When i went to renault about mine they said they use an external company, they dont do their own.
My local renault dealer will do it but send it too the external company. Whether they add a extra charge or not I don't know

Daveyb133":3vch5bw2 said:
Dazza1":3vch5bw2 said:
dw118":3vch5bw2 said:
Dazza1":3vch5bw2 said:

They do a good job

Mine do it on site because there a accident repair place aswel

Dazza1":gq1exbzf said:
Daveyb133":gq1exbzf said:
dw118":gq1exbzf said:

They do a good job

Might book it in at main dealers in Manchester, instead of lookers as it doesn't have the accident repair centre.

dw118":125q55i5 said:
Dazza1":125q55i5 said:
Daveyb133":125q55i5 said:
Dazza1":125q55i5 said:
dw118":125q55i5 said:
Dazza1 said:

They do a good job

Might book it in at main dealers in Manchester, instead of lookers as it doesn't have the accident repair centre.
I'd do that or there get a man with a van to do it

Contacted both lookers and Renault Manchester and don't offer it on site ( Renault Manchester said they use to offer it ) but both gave me details of people they both now use, been quoted 40 quid booked in for Monday, will post when done .