Twing0joe's 133 Progress HELP!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
God knows its just a theory as Renault couldn't find a problem and as i was flapping at the time it happened i doubt i would have had the composure to look down to see lol

Shame this krappy wet weather is stopping me going out in it i try not to drive it in the rain if i can help it.

The mats on my old clio used to only be velcro on the bottom and they were terrible for sliding forwards. First noticed it when it was catching on the bottom of the clutch peddle. (They were quite shaped so didn't catch the accelerator)

Possible ring trip on the cards this year...not a big un perhaps a small 1-2 day job and cant wait to embarass a few people!

I love this car but i am going to end up killing it!

I need 2 new fronts already!

Tonight i had a play with im estimating 300bhp 3000gto
Managed to keep him behind me for a mile or so of roundabouts and only got past me with along enough straight to say im impressed is an understatement although for track i think the pads would overheat a bit quick as im managing that on the road at the moment....oooops!

Not that i condone uch hehaviour but when a jap car thinks he is boss you havebto teach it not to mess with an rs lol

Goes to show all RS's are big boy killers. They may have the ponys under then bonnet but its the twistyie bits that matter

Just gotta look at megane vids of them killing gt3s :)

Have to admit i was completely ragging the ass off the thing but you can brake so hard and late in these its unreal. Ifbid have tried that in my old saxo i would be fighting the backend but in this its so easy....best getting saving for that clio though ;)

So i have almost completely semi slicked my tires on the road!

Right hand side is virtually slick. I was always under the impression slicked tyres in the dry gave more grip but its horrendous with tyre squeel and interesting handling and braking.

So for time being the spare wheel will be going on until i can get some new tyres and a proper alignment setup done.

Also just removed the krappy twingo vinyl on the boot so ive weight saved a few grams :)

Really need a high paying job so i can play with cars again.
Would love to modify this starting with coilovers.

Got 2 new fronts put on rockstone not continentals so will see how i get on with these they aseem pretty good for a cheapish tyre but time will tell.

Also had the alignment done will have to whack a picture of the printout up for people to compare..

Happy to report car drives much better now!
I can brake hard without it trying to turn one way or another and the cheapish rockstones are a pretty good tyre! There is MORE steering feel with these but oddly when cornering theu dont squeel they make a kind of rumbling noise but so easy to control i think the fact they have a stiffer sidewall than the conti 3s is a good thing too...

Highly recommend to anyone on a budget!