Twingo 133 cup track rod end

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tat

Reaction score
Hi all, my partners car failed mot yesterday on a track rod end, I'm a mechanic so I'm not paying £117 for it changing lol, just wondering if there are any different part numbers for cup/non cup rs models? I know it will be different to say a gt with narrower track.

Also can anyone recommend a good dealer in Yorkshire? I would like a genuine one if I can but the stealer wanted 46 for one yesterday which I find a bit expensive.

Cheers guys

Hi,

I replaced both the track rods and the track rod ends on mine in early September.

Renault is the only place to get hold of the track rods themselves - about £90 per side.

The outer ends can be bought from Euro Car Parts/any decent parts place for about £15 per side.

Hope this helps,

Matt

That's great euro car parts it is can do both sides and still have change from one at Renault. We're they the lemforder ones you got? Think I will go for them

Are you sure its the steering trackrod? Normal complaint is the lower wishbone outer balljoint boot splitting (well before expected) and the joint becoming worn.

Theres a big long thread where we finally confirm that the arms and balljoint is unique to the 133/Wind. The upshot would be, either replacement arms from Renault or contact Dino who bought a batch of 100 balljoints direct from the manufacturer

Yep, it was the Lemforder ones I went with...the hardest part of the entire job was finding somewhere who could set the tracking afterwards...

Always have a mare when steering angle sensors and electronic power steering are mentioned...

Yeah Renault failed it for excessive play in n/s/f track rod end, the cars done 28k soft miles I doubt it is excessive more looking for extra work to be honest. I haven't had chance to jack it up yet and have a nosey although when the service manager quoted me the price and I said I will do it myself he did look rather nervous so we will see.. there is no noticable defect when driving it. As for the lower wishbone bushes there okay for now, but it's on it's third set since new so I hope they last now haha, thanks for the heads up about the balljoints though is dino a member on here that sells the balljoints to fit into original arms? Might look at getting some for future if we keep the car. Been looking at the new fiesta st and Clio 200 turbo but the twingo is gona take some beating on the exclusivity side of things lol