Twingo Alarm

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Howies

Reaction score
Anybody's alarm seem to be rather sensitive?

Mine is doing my nut it :evil: Its the most sensitive thing ever, constantly going off when something drives past! Fart next the bloody thing and im pretty certain the alarm will go off!

If you go back to a Renault dealer they should be able to plug into a machine a reduce the sensitivity ;)

Only heard mine on three occasions...

1) Testing it (window down, jump inside car)
2) When a very loud car drove past (could feel this inside the house!)
3) When jet washing it :p

Haha your lucky then! Mine will go off because of all three of them and some more:

1) Farting next to it
2) Bird's shitting on it
3) Crisp packet blowing in the wind hitting it
3) Leaves landing on it
4) Snow landing on it
5) Slight gust of wind
and many more...........

Sods law though that if anything serious was to happen I bet it wouldn't go off! Actually saying that if owt big was to set if off i'll be surprised if the little bugger doesn't explode through shock and panic!

I'd heard the alarm for the first time at the weekend. Forgot the missus car was locked and started foarming then pressure washing it. Suddenly went off.

Was quite impressed because the alarm is sh!te in the Meganes! lol

Alex_225":p8u3ehj2 said:
I'd heard the alarm for the first time at the weekend. Forgot the missus car was locked and started foarming then pressure washing it. Suddenly went off.

Was quite impressed because the alarm is sh!te in the Meganes! lol
Lol that's how I found out my alarm worked too haha

Is there anyway to adjust the sensitivity of the alarm myself? or is the only way to take it to a dealer and will a dealer do it for free?
Because my alarm goes off about 4 times a day while outside work, pretty much every time the bus goes past or a lorry, once it even went off when a work college started up his scooby which was parked behind me :lol:
Its defiantly the most sensitive alarm ive ever had on a car and I think people at work are getting sick of its constant cry's for attention :lol:

Only way is by taking it to the dealer you can turn the arlam off though yourself.

iamstuart":21rwsp7f said:
hmm, might pop in one time then, in the area I work turning the alarm off would be a very bad idea :lol:

Ill never turn the alram off its just not right whats the point in have it if your going to turn it off ?