Twingo back in Arnold Clark

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarrenD133

Reaction score
Well my twingo back in Arnold Clark as the title says previous times it has been in for window regulators and release baring this time it's in fr the slave cylinder even though it was making the same whirling noise as the release baring but in speaking to AC today there going to speak to Renault UK to see if it's worth while for the clutch it's self to be replaced with is quite worrying for a 59 plate car with just over 13k on the clock so if RUK decide to go with It I may have to pay something towards it if I decide to do it witch I don't see that's fair considering it's not my fault that the parts are faulty help and advice will be appreciated cheers Darren

Ur tellin me mate it's shit but il refuse to pay anything as u as daz it's not my fault it's fooked but il keep u updated mate

I'm havin the same trouble with my wifes scenic the clutch has gone after 30k and RUK don't wanna know

The whirling noise came when either eingine was cold and warm it was basicly when I put the clutch to the floor and at times when moving and Changing gear when it started urs seems a different problem my first issue was when it was 6 months 6k on the clock my release baring got changed and now at a year and a half and just over 13k it's my slave cylinder and ther contacting Renault uk as it says on the post for a brand new clutch what was ur issue did u get it resolved??

I went out with a technician and we diagnosed it to be the release bearing. That got replaced on the warranty as you'd expect.
All was fine for a couple of days as I didn't give the car much stick. When I did though, the same noise came about.
I went back to Renault and got their head technician out and demonstrated the fault. I even parked the car up and revved it which makes the noise more apparent. It sounds as though it's coming from around the driver side behind the steering wheel.
I left it with Renault and they say they went through everything with a fine comb. Even got their stethoscope had a listen but they couldn't find anything.
The problem has been listed with Renault UK and is being looked into. Hopefully time will tell.
Ask your guys to ring up Harrats Renault Wakefield and speak to then about mine. It's a White Cup with black stripes on the bonnet.

In just wondering it can't be the same issue as urs cause u
The noise on ur can shown hen u put the foot down but to be honest mines gets a regular arse booting and she is fine no probs no noise then so it's a strange one with urs seems to be out with the clutch with mines within the clutch area so hope all goes well mate my car is currently in Renault stripped down so further investigation to be made in sure but il keep everyone on here updated to what's going on.