Twingo & Clio Mk3 Electric door mirrors. Are they the same?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteWilko

Reaction score
Are the Renault Clio Mk3 2009-2013 Electric Door Mirrors the same as the mirrors fitted to the 2010 -on Renault Twingo RS133 Cup?
I am having a terrible time trying to source a replacement n/s electric door mirror for my 2010 RS133 Cup. I have scoured the on-line breakers yards and eBay but with no luck. However, I have noticed that the photos of the much, much, cheaper Mk3 clio electric mirrors look very, very, similar are abundant, readily available and most importantly,cheap. I know most vehicle manufacturers share components and trim to across their range to cut costs.

Does anyone know if this is the case with the door mirrors on these models?

I ended up taking a chance and bought a used manual (cable operated) door mirror on eBay for £31.00 that had been removed from a 1.2L Twingo.

The way I saw it was; Renault were very unlikely to go to the expence of manufacturing 2 different mirror housings for the motorised and cable operated versions. Luckily, I was right, the two mirrors looked (to me at least), to be identical.

As it was only the outside of my mirror unit that was damaged, I first removed the unwanted black plastic backing cover (to be replaced later with my undamaged, Antrasite, colour coded cover).
Unfortunately, I was unable to remove the adjuster cables intact off the new mirror as they were under tension and permanently fixed to the mirror backing mount at one end, and the internal manual adjuster knob and mount at the other. There was no way they were going to pull through the housing without causing damage.

I decided to take another chance and cut the cables with my angle grinder and pull them out from each side.(I couldn't find my wire cutters) Once the cable mechanism had been removed, it was then fairly easy, and pretty straightforward to transfer the motor unit to the new mount and thread the electric wires through the inside of the mirror where the old cables had been, then push them into the electrical connector behind the plastic 'A' pillar cover inside the car.

It was then just a matter of clicking the mirror back on to the now motorised mount and finally finishing the job off by clipping on my undamaged Anthrasite cover.
I reckon this cheap mirror fix has saved me about £150.00 I also dicovered that the spare mirror glass that I had left over is symetrical and can be used as a spare mirror for either side of the car. That's a 'Win Win' in my book.

I have a 2013 Twingo 1.2 dynamique and would like advice on where I can get a passenger side replacement wing mirror electric

The part of the mirror that fixes to the door on the Clio has a groove on the top edge. On the Twingo it is smooth.