Twingo GT custom induction kit

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twingo-gt-2k8

Reaction score
hi there im looking to fit a custom intake to my twingo gt and i was looking for advice, ive noticed on my intake pipe from the filter has lots of pipe work coming off it and sensors and the pipe goes straight up, if i put a 90 degree elbow off the intake and drilled and/or welded the correct mounts for all the pipe work connected to the intake would it work as i wont be connecting the recirc pipe and want the intake to come straight out and forward inbetween the engine and battery to fit a carbon fiber enclosed airfilter rather than piping the airfilter to the standard plastic intake which goes above the engine and to the right of the car

do you think this could and will work or is there a specific kit out there designed like this or has any1 done this before who could advise me?

I've looked at this as well. Problem is the dumpvalve sits kinda in the way.

Maybe place the carbon airfilter where the original airbox sits and bring the pipe over to the right?
In either case, you need an enclosed airintake like a CDA from BMC or you'll suck up too much hot air.

I had a costum fitted Sparco filter but I went back to the OEM filter with a BMC panel filter.

The CDA filters are good, though they come at a pemium. Popular choice is a BMC filter which kamracing do, they are pretty good and nobody has ever had any problems with them, a fair few of us in here have them. I don't have a CDA so cannot advise pro's and con's