Twingo GT - HKS SSQV Installation & Measurements

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oscar

Reaction score
this is going to come in two stages. the ssqv is on order, awaiting arrival from japanshire thanks to the sexy blonde @ HKS as always! I bought the universal one, which will require some measuring to get the correct sized flange adapter as well as vacuum hoses. Although this is particularly for the HKS SSQV, you can use a lot of the information i have set out below to build your own customised dump valve set up using ANY dump / bov on the market.

tools required :

small stubby flat head screw driver
Vernier or digital caliper - for measuring internal/ external diameter of current hose / pipe to guage accurately the size hose / pipe required.
IMG_20140822_161732_zpsd40e79bd.jpg

1 - wipe any debris and dirt from around where you are removing this vacuum hose which leads from the dump valve onto the fuel rail.
IMG_20140822_161846_zps0610cc31.jpg

IMG_20140822_161918_zpsdd180bae.jpg

2 - use the small flat head screw driver to remove the hose clamp, these are not meant to be re-used however in this case i am re-using it by not loosening it all the way. just enough to remove the hose.
IMG_20140822_161800_zpsbf2810ff.jpg

3 - use the internal side of this digital caliper (this is a cheap ebay thing with an accuracy of 0,01 mm ... that'll bloody do nicely. cost £5 posted!). with a tiny bit more pressure than normal as i only have one hand to hold two things in place it results in 25.5mm, however further measurements revealed 24.7 mm. 25mm in other words!
IMG_20140822_162105_zps5ba69112.jpg

4 - measure the internal diameter of the vacuum hose required, again using the internal caliper.
IMG_20140822_162016_zpsf82832ea.jpg

although this is broadly similar in some ways to the how to on replacing the oem dump valve, this particular how to is in relation to measuring the piping diameters required to mount any aftermarket dump / bov.

to summarise, this is the size required to fit onto the GT's existing connections

25mm Hose
5mm vacuum hose
25mm HKS Adapter Pipe

some adaptations may be required for your specific choice of dump / bov. more to come soon on the installation of the HKS SSQV once it arrives

I hate being picky, but the machinist in me won't let it go. That's a vernier caliper, not a micrometer.

Anyway, keep up the good work.

you're right! pretty much the same thing though in this instance. i'll edit it though, typed that up pretty quick so i did so thanks for pointing that one out!

Noesph":2h92b734 said:
I hate being picky, but the machinist in me won't let it go. That's a vernier caliper, not a micrometer.

Anyway, keep up the good work.
With the lack of a vernier scale, its not even a vernier caliper anymore :?

^^^^^^^^^^^^ and the whip get's cracked. PAAAACHEWWWWW down boy! :lol: