Twingo GT - new springs or Coilovers?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beany-08GT

Reaction score
Hi guys (n girls),

I'm looking to get my Twingo Gt re-mapped and lowered, however i'm unsure on the method to take with regards to the suspension.

There seems to be a 50/50 mix of people here who've done either and both look fantasic, I know springs are the cheaper alternative but are they the best for ride & handling ?

Any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated.

I fitted the apex -30mm springs and am very happy with them apart from they are rather firm for all the speedbumps in my area! Great in the corners now but make me want more supportive seats.

If you're planning on regularly tracking it get coilovers, if not get springs as they give the right height and coupled with some spacers the stance is just right ;)

My old blaze orange GT lowered 30/40mm on springs with 25mm spacers:
mubaranu.jpg

Had no issues with speedbumps either and the ones in my area give Mount Everest a run for its money.....

Springs Came in the post today.. Well chuffed, hopefully i'll post some before & after pics on here soon !!

Maybe... this is the 1st time modding so perhaps in the future, yea i'll either get coilies or a new car!!

baby steps before i go blow my wad :)