Twingo GT progress

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex12fowler

Reaction score
This is a progress thread for my GT
Current mods:
Remap
Team dynamics Alloys
Powerflow custom cat back exhaust
Alpine headunit
Kenwood compact subwoofer
K&N air filter
Yellow painted brake calipers
Team Heko Wind deflectors
AP coilovers with Apex rear dampers

Planned Mods Iv bought but need to fit:
Porsche 911 race seats
FMIC

Planned Mods
182 injectors
strengthened clutch
induction kit
painted 'diffusers'
nightbreaker bulbs
uprated speakers
Engine mount
another remap

Here is how I bought the car
IMG_7852_zps5be261a6.jpg

IMG_7850_zpsf11c5547.jpg

IMG_7849_zps20dac3c0.jpg

I got the car repaired until is was like this

IMG_1679_zpsd5ae98be.jpg

Once the car was fixed I started making changes

Painted Calipers
IMG_1673_zpse0de7b75.jpg

Alpine Headunit
IMG_1674_zpsab30b5e4.jpg

Compact Subwoofer
IMG_1675_zpsf36166a0.jpg

Powerflow Exhaust
IMG_1841_zps4ef401cf.jpg

IMG_1837_zpsa89b328d.jpg

WP_20140304_004_zpsf55603b3.jpg

Ap coilovers and Team dynamics alloys
Before
IMG_1672_zps33e297c0.jpg

WP_20140130_003_zpse90b726d.jpg

After
WP_20140203_002_zps0d27809a.jpg

WP_20140304_007_zpsf3628a52.jpg

WP_20140203_001_zps3d929ef8.jpg

Porsche 911 seats to go in
WP_20140303_002_zps6554a204.jpg

WP_20140303_001_zpsbbafd70c.jpg

I Will update this with any other progress

tidy example alex. i didn't know it was in a smash, but with your dad and all it makes sense lol but definitely a tidy example of a gt :p

a good idea may be to look around your dads yard for fuel pumps and track down some megane r26 injectors instead of the clio ones and you could easily be in the 140 bhp area with the only thing holding you back ; turbo. the r26 injectors are about 390cc (or around that) which would ensure you're not running anywhere near maximum recommended duty cycle (80-85%) and they'd last a very long time. the injectors themselves get bad write ups, but that's only because the folk who use them have them mapped on 100% + duty cycles and they wonder why they fail prematurely!

It was a cat c write off when I bought it off copart auction site. It cost me about £1200 once I fixed it, plan to run it for as long as it will move! My dad doesn't own a yard, just rents a small space to break cars. There is a u pull it near by and they have all sorts of stuff for very cheap prices so could pick some up there I reckon

top notch repair job though. did you go for new airbags or did you just take your usual 2 pin bags from another donor car (clio, scenic etc) curiously? seen a few sets of r26 injectors on ebay just there so they're definitely plentiful

I bought two twingo GTs, the other one was smashed big time at the back but it had all the parts I needed. I sold what else I could and broke even so got free parts. Got them painted then I got them all on the car. The airbags I did have ballache getting at a good price but eventually got them off another car. Pre tensioners I got from Renault new. Next up is the seats for the car now

I have some 172/182 injectors going spare bud they seem to be spot on for the GT's and I'm sure they are running nowhere near 100% when in the GT, you'll also need a better fuel pump iirc from a 133 is best bet maybe go on eBay then FMIC you'll be running sweet!!!

i'm sure i said this a while back but with a fuel pressure of 45 psi max on 240cc 172/182 injectors at a duty cycle of 85 (this should NEVER be exceeded, injector manufcaturers know their stuff and they recommend never to exceed this for a very good reason) you will achieve no more than 132 bhp.

to achieve 150 bhp on OEM fuel pump at the same 3bar, 85% duty cycle with a flow rate of 26 pph you will require 270cc + injectors. IWP043 (330cc injectors)

the twingo gt's fuel pump is a 3bar fuel pump, the above was calculated on full flow at 3 bar. if we take it down to 2 bar and allow a fuel return at full engine load on the map, at 85% duty cycle the OEM fuel pump will more than cope. i'll also go out on a limb and say that the fuelling for the GT is equal to that of the 133 on full pelt, therefore will share the same pump or if not the same exact pump they will both operate at the same flow rates with a maximum pressure of 3 bar (45 psi approximately)

edit - i forgot to mention that the IWP043 injectors are also for the clio, usually good for when the clio boys install throttle body's and the RS2 manifold as well as light turbo charging applications but again usually run this at close to 100% duty cycle and approaching their maximum flow rates which is why there are always lots of cheap injectors on cs.net which is handy for folk who just want a basic map + slightly bigger injectors for their gt's :D

ahhhh englightened me bud! i was just going off previous gt owners stuff but this seems alot more logical ! i didnt know they were running so close to max!

Not been much progress recently but i have managed to fit my first Porsche seat in the car

temporary_zps9139baac.jpg

temporary_zps9d5b0162.jpg

temporary_zps3a58aeaa.jpg

temporary_zpsd548bd75.jpg

Just a few pics of the seat frame i made and the seat in the car. Hopefully doing the drivers seat this week

i was wondering what happened to you and your porsche seats just the other day, looks quite good man

it looks abit weird with only one in at the moment but it will look loads better with both in. Its really comfortable though

Yeh iv got it to fit nicely on the side of the new seat so i can still have the working pretensioner

How come you've got apex dampers? Are they an improvement over the APs?
If so can you buy them seperate? :)

I got the coilovers 2nd hand and they came with apex dampers. The previous owner told me the ap ones knocked a lot so he fitted them. Think they are off a 182 clio

alex12fowler":2sykvzud said:
I got the coilovers 2nd hand and they came with apex dampers. The previous owner told me the ap ones knocked a lot so he fitted them. Think they are off a 182 clio

That's the same problem as mine, they're knocking like a *****!! How are the apex dampers? If I can't sort mine I may have to invest ;) are they a straight fit?

They were a straight fit onto the car mate. To be honest they still knock a little but on bumpy roads. On smooth roads they are ok but they knock a fair bit which is annoying!