Twingo has gone

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Callum-stirling

Reaction score
The Twingo has gone and made way for the new whip ;) picked it up on Saturday and I'm loving it.

a2eve3a5.jpg

Megane monaco gp special edition 1.9 diesel, soooo cheap on fuel haha, gunna get myself a 172/182 for track aswell.

waitey":2ndylfui said:
Diesel because PACECAR?
I know my old 1.9Tdi was a shit load quicker than the Twingo and still did over 50mpg average. Smog monsters can be really good fun when modded :cool:

If your doing the mileage and give it a good canning every now and again to keep the DPF clear, its probably a very good choice. Folly for short journeys though as the particle filter will get sooted up and then be a fairly expensive fix.

singlespeed":2880mncj said:
waitey":2880mncj said:
Diesel because PACECAR?
I know my old 1.9Tdi was a s**t load quicker than the Twingo and still did over 50mpg average. Smog monsters can be really good fun when modded :cool:

If your doing the mileage and give it a good canning every now and again to keep the DPF clear, its probably a very good choice. Folly for short journeys though as the particle filter will get sooted up and then be a fairly expensive fix.

Well I do 50 miles a day for work and probably an extra 200 a week just driving about so it's soo much better for me :) I really am enjoying it, got 65 mpg yesterday on the motorway, although I put my foot down earlier and it dropped to 48 haha not bad though

Haha my mate has the 250 and the only real styling differences are the front bumper and the exhaust and the body coloured side trim

250 sounds like a scam! :p

I have a mate with a white 10 plate meg coupe just like yours but it's a 1.6 petrol Dynamique medianav model. It's completely gutless but the spec is impressive!

funky_d":1jon65ap said:

I have a mate with a white 10 plate meg coupe just like yours but it's a 1.6 petrol Dynamique medianav model. It's completely gutless but the spec is impressive!

Yh lol tbh I think if your gunna do it then atleast do it properly and get the 265 cup ;) 250 is a waste of time. By the sounds of it, mine is as top spec as you can get for a diesel megane. I can't find any at all anywhere not even on forums or anything, seen a couple of the 1.4 tce version but not the 1.9 like mine

Callum-stirling":buhtwxnn said:
funky_d":buhtwxnn said:

Yh lol tbh I think if your gunna do it then atleast do it properly and get the 265 cup ;) 250 is a waste of time. By the sounds of it, mine is as top spec as you can get for a diesel megane. I can't find any at all anywhere not even on forums or anything, seen a couple of the 1.4 tce version but not the 1.9 like mine

Need to do ya homework before making comments like that! 250/265 exactly the same car bar the button that gives another 15bhp!! My 250 put out 262 standard! Nothing but a facelift the 265;)

Nick3814":fg7k10m6 said:
Callum-stirling":fg7k10m6 said:
funky_d":fg7k10m6 said:

Need to do ya homework before making comments like that! 250/265 exactly the same car bar the button that gives another 15bhp!! My 250 put out 262 standard! Nothing but a facelift the 265;)

Yh that's what I meant lol I meant styling, I meant that the 265 looks soo much better than the 250 :) I wasn't saying they were different cars lol

Callum-stirling":39efoovs said:
Nick3814":39efoovs said:
Callum-stirling":39efoovs said:
funky_d":39efoovs said:

Yh that's what I meant lol I meant styling, I meant that the 265 looks soo much better than the 250 :) I wasn't saying they were different cars lol

:(? Ya not making a lot if sense fella! They both look the same too, bar 6 LEDs instead of 3 either end of the front blade.

Nick3814":qeuig6ho said:
Callum-stirling":qeuig6ho said:
Nick3814":qeuig6ho said:
Callum-stirling":qeuig6ho said:
funky_d":qeuig6ho said:

:(? Ya not making a lot if sense fella! They both look the same too, bar 6 LEDs instead of 3 either end of the front blade.

My apologies, for some reason i was convinced my mates 250 looked completely different the the 265 cup they had in the showroom the other day but yh I have just looked at a few pics and you are right, maybe it's the wheels or colour that made it look different to me.