Twingo mpg interesting results!!!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob_McLav

Reaction score
When I drive my cup to work I drive efficiently and at 50 to get best mpg, which was 45 mpg over 103 miles per day (309 miles each fill up) staying under 2500-2700 rpm and behaving myself ect.

Last 3 days I've been starting work early so I thought to hell with it and just drove how I wanted 60-70 on motorway and 2 runs on private runways at 120 mph over say 1/2 mile minimum and basically just not caring on mpg overtaking and showing my work colleagues how well the car accelerates and handles ect.

So today I filled up when fuel gauge beaped at me and car took 8.22 gal for doing 349 miles which is over 42 mpg. To hell with driving at fifty now lol I'd rather have fun!!

Haha class! I wonder if the mpg meters can be retro fit to pre facelift!

Same with my car, can drive really hard and it is almost the same mileage :?

DanPaul7":ddeivodq said:
Same with my car, can drive really hard and it is almost the same mileage :?

Not driving hard enough, mine drops to 25/26mpg when its getting driven hard, but think it only does 40ish mpg on the motorway.

I get 26-30 driving hard, and around 35-40 driving like a granny.

Last half a tank fill up I averaged 20mpg haha and that's not all been spirited driving :s I think the short journeys to and from work are causing it to be low. Nearly time to start cycling to work again for the summer :)

OK so that website gave a dodgy result. Going off three different apps the average was 25 actually

on track, i see 10 to 12 miles per gallon, but that's very extreme, on the road it is around 21 with a very heavy foot, and on normal driving, it's around 30MPG.

On the highway i can't rly get it over 31-32, it's almost the same, wether i go 110kph or 140kph, which is VERY weird for me.

12mpg in the real world is very very very hard driving :), but i guess theoritically possible