Twingo Newbiee

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stedaley

Reaction score
Hey guys!

2nd time lucky posting this! (Internet Dropped out)

Im looking to get into the 133 scene in the next few months as i save up. looking to get one for around £3k hopefully as the prices drop.

I have been on here alot the past few days asking alot of questions and hopefully have an idea on what i want to do with it :)

Heres a couple of ideas ive had for making it my own!!

- Interior -
ReUpholstery of the Seats to try and capture some of the 182/r26 Model. with the two tone alcantara/ leather.
New Speaker system
Thoroughly cleaned

Has anyone used the space behind the revsmeter for anything? seems a waste of space!!

- Exterior -
Colour depending
Accent Pieces and Stickers from RS
New wheels maybe? I do like the RS standards but are the tyre options expensive?

- Under the Bonnet -
This is where id like to keep it simple.
ECU remap to get a little more torque,
New Plugs, hoses and wires.
New air Box with feeds through bumper,

Are there any other Upgrades i should be looking into? Cams etc? and companies that can provide for the 133?

otherwise thats it! Just a nice clean car to give me some enjoyment! One of the main reasons ive been drawn to this is how cheap the insurance is!! under 500 for the year!!

If you have ideas or tips please let me know!!

Ste

Hi,
Did you try us for insurance at all? If so how did we do? If you didn't please feel free to drop me a line. I'd be only too pleased to try and help out.
Regards,
Dan.

DAN_ADRIANFLUX":2jdr0k5u said:
Hi,
Did you try us for insurance at all? If so how did we do? If you didn't please feel free to drop me a line. I'd be only too pleased to try and help out.
Regards,
Dan.

I have just done it! But havent got a quote through yet,

I have been getting around 500-700 for the year, Just myself, 23 year old Student.

I shall let you know what i get!!

DAN_ADRIANFLUX":19zlsru1 said:
Hi,
Regards,
Dan.

got a quote from your selves of 1050, which is high!

stedaley":3lysvm0k said:
DAN_ADRIANFLUX":3lysvm0k said:
Hi,
Regards,
Dan.

Hi,

If you can PM me your details (Include your number and email address) I can then trace the quote and look into it for you?

Kind regards
Dan

DAN_ADRIANFLUX":2q7551qm said:
stedaley":2q7551qm said:
DAN_ADRIANFLUX":2q7551qm said:
Hi,
Regards,
Dan.

Hi,

If you can PM me your details (Include your number and email address) I can then trace the quote and look into it for you?

Kind regards
Dan

PM'd :)

Ive had 489 from Comparethemarket
and 500-650 on confused.com

Have you also added your parents out as named drivers brought mine down quite a bit, paying £550 at 21

Welcome to the madhouse, good luck with the twingo hunt and hope you find one you like.

Universe":vd1093fg said:
Have you also added your parents out as named drivers brought mine down quite a bit, paying £550 at 21

No i dont mind paying 500 for just me at 23!

1000 is abit too much!!

stedaley":2fu2s89r said:
Universe":2fu2s89r said:

No i dont mind paying 500 for just me at 23!

1000 is abit too much!!

Yep, these companies are generally good for people who want mods etc

DAN_ADRIANFLUX":1e2q2m0h said:
stedaley":1e2q2m0h said:
DAN_ADRIANFLUX":1e2q2m0h said:
Hi,
Regards,
Dan.

Hi,

Kind regards
Dan

havent heard anything back im afraid!!

stedaley":1vy2yt5l said:
DAN_ADRIANFLUX":1vy2yt5l said:
stedaley":1vy2yt5l said:
DAN_ADRIANFLUX":1vy2yt5l said:
Hi,
Regards,
Dan.

Hi,

Kind regards
Dan

havent heard anything back im afraid!!

Sorry about that, I have just chased this up for you.

Regards
Dan