Twingo questions

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharpy36

Reaction score
Ok......picked up my Renaultsport Twingo on Saturday from Karl - love the car and the drive.

A few questions to you owners:

1) the radio seems pretty rubbish, hard to turn stations etc.........not a massive problem as I will prob change anyway - anyone have problems?

2) On the way to work I took it up to 90 and there was a shudder/vibration from 85ish - is this normal? again, not to worried as I won't be driving often at that speed.........I remember having a problem with another car and it was due to the front tyres - again, this might normal for this car.

Any help would be super.

1. Can't help you with that one i have no problems with mine!

2. First point of call would be checking tyre pressures and the tyres them selves, can't say i've had that issue

Never had any noticable problems with the radio, just press the buttons and it switches fine. I do mostly listen to MP3s in mine though.

For a vibration that only happens at high speed, could be worth having the wheels balanced.

As an additional note - this is a public forum which in no way endorses speeding. I would clarify being on a private road/track, specify Km/h, or remove/reduced speeds mentioned.

Yes, assuming it was private road then everything is good ;)

1) I believe Karl put a stubby aerial on the car? This could be the cause of poor radio reception so perhaps look into getting a replacement, although the stubby aerials look MUCH better.

2) I don't even think Karl got over 70 in that Twingo :)lol:) so he certainly wouldn't have experienced any vibrations. Could be worth having the wheels rebalanced as this is quite a common cause.

I've got a stubby aerial on mine mate and the radio takes abit of time when changing stations

As for the vibration get the alloys rebalanced.

Oh and did you keep the map on the car or was it removed??

Thanks for all the reply's...........speed was on a private road.

I will get the alloy's balanced, the actual tyres do feel a little bumpy on the treads, but this might be normal, although I suppose I could try and swap the back wheels onto the front....when ticking along at 70 there is no problem. I will see if Karl has got the old aerial - are they had to change?

Dazza1 - yes, I kept the remap - why?

Aerial just screws on and off like any other car so not hard too change at all.
For the shuddering just take the car to your local tyre shop and have them check the wheel balance, tracking and also the tyres in general as this could rule out the problem/fix it.

There is a pretty good place near me I will take the car too - https://www.alineyourcar.co.uk - can these places check for buckled wheels too?

I must say they are great little cars.

If anyone has a spare aerial drop me a PM.

Thanks to all.

Does the car still have HiD's in it? As since I fitted mind the other week the radio has become useless when my lights are turned on and perfect when my lights are off ???

What are HiD'S? my lights were off on the way to/from work.......maybe just the aerial which I have arranged to swap with another member - you are a friendly lot - lol.

Sh*t just dropped my laptop onto my mobile and cracked the screen - gutted.

LCplParks":1gn2sxrx said:
HIDs are just more powerful lights really, that is a bit weird though poweller :/

HID was remove so has normal H4's lol

I have no idea if I have those lights........I did look under the bonnet and saw some nice yellow pipes though.

LCplParks":ohszlaok said:
HIDs are just more powerful lights really, that is a bit weird though poweller :/
Yh that's what I thought as well ,but the lad I work with had the same problem in his Landrover 90 .But not as bad as my twingo lol I spoken to a few people who are using HiD's and had the same problem as me ,so haven't got a clue why it does it.

poweller23":1wc0n3z3 said:
LCplParks":1wc0n3z3 said:
Yh that's what I thought as well ,but the lad I work with had the same problem in his Landrover 90 .But not as bad as my twingo lol I spoken to a few people who are using HiD's and had the same problem as me ,so haven't got a clue why it does it.
My radios shit even without my hids anymore :lol:

Poweller mine does exactly the same, when I turn my HID's on the radio goes funny. Turn them off and it's fine.

Dan133":dlqhonzy said:
Poweller mine does exactly the same, when I turn my HID's on the radio goes funny. Turn them off and it's fine.

Yeah I don't no why I spend 3 hours playing around with it the other night trying to sort it , even rang out auto electric people we use and they can't explain it either so dunno lol