Twingo questions

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
poweller23":2j9643fg said:
Dan133":2j9643fg said:
Poweller mine does exactly the same, when I turn my HID's on the radio goes funny. Turn them off and it's fine.

Yeah I don't no why I spend 3 hours playing around with it the other night trying to sort it , even rang out auto electric people we use and they can't explain it either so dunno lol

Who knows mate! :/

sharpy36":sg9862v9 said:
you are a friendly lot - lol.

Sh*t just dropped my laptop onto my mobile and cracked the screen - gutted.

Glad you think we're friendly, get along to some meets or even French car show were even better in real life.

Dropping your laptop wasn't the greatest idea now was it let alone onto your phone.

poweller23":147vkx86 said:
Dan133":147vkx86 said:
Poweller mine does exactly the same, when I turn my HID's on the radio goes funny. Turn them off and it's fine.

Yeah I don't no why I spend 3 hours playing around with it the other night trying to sort it , even rang out auto electric people we use and they can't explain it either so dunno lol
Maybe try disconnecting the ballast units one at a time to see if its one side or both causing the interference, but switch the lights off and wait a few minutes before fiddling with the wires as you could get a belt from one if the lights are on ;) How good are the units earthed? A quick rub with some sandpaper to get a clean earth point may help if its screwed down onto a painted area. ( Add layer of paint or grease over the finished connection to prevent corrosion )

Theres a fair amount of electronics inside the ballasts to step the voltage up enough to initiate and then sustain an arc across the burner electrodes (in the bulb). If one or both of them is causing some interference whilst having a good earth connection, that could be transmitted through the wiring as high frequency noise and affect the radio reception.

How do you manage to play your iphone through the radio? is there a USB port, or lead some where?

sharpy36":7bsiu4z7 said:
How do you manage to play your iphone through the radio? is there a USB port, or lead some where?

If you've got the tunepoint box in the glove box there's a cable you can get to plug your iPhone in there, but that isn't cheap. USB flash drive to just plug in is easier option there. You can also play music via Bluetooth if you've got the appropriate stereo.

Bluetooth sounds good............I have got just the normal Renault stereo. Is there anyway of plugging in ipod?

sharpy36":17xnei0p said:

Though the aux port that's on my head unit I don't have blue tooth as I have a cup model

Look in the glove box there is a red and white phono socket. You will need to get the phono lead to ipod cable