Twingo Rear Beams and Rear Camber

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HrRACING

Reaction score
Hi all,

Firstly, does anyone know if there is any difference between the rear beams in the Twingo range??

Secondly, does anyone know where I could find out what rear camber a 2008 Twingo 1.2 has as standard?

Cheers in advance!

HrRACING":1ow37qd2 said:
Hi all,

Firstly, does anyone know if there is any difference between the rear beams in the Twingo range??

Secondly, does anyone know where I could find out what rear camber a 2008 Twingo 1.2 has as standard?

Cheers in advance!

Rear beams on a RS are different to a 1.2 as the Twingo RS beam is wider!

Also for camber im guess your local alliment company.

A comparisson between a 1.2 Dynamique and 133 with Cup pack

The width of the rear beam is the same, between the points where the brake drum / hubs bolt onto axle beam. The hubs and discs will add quite a bit of extra track to the 133, but the usual ET55 offset wheels on the RS133 will minimise this less increase compared with ~ET35 of the 1.2 models
7562577570_80bcd7c310_c_d.jpg

7562579742_b10735482e_c_d.jpg

Theres a torsion bar welded into the underside of the beam. On the Dynamique, this is 19mm diameter and 24mm on the RS133 cup (not sure if the non cup is smaller)
7562581848_34d5e023eb_c_d.jpg

7562583588_003c598689_c_d.jpg

The gravel spec R2 rally rear beam is certainly different, with a lot of extra bracing

I will be doing lots of extra bracing on my new rally beam, but going to widen a 1.2 one from the offset with an external ARB.

just incase there usefull, the R1 and R2 parts catalogues are here if you haven't seen them already
https://renault-sport.com/en/rally/pieces/

People have widened the track by adding thick spacer between the hub and axle. The same place as camber shims are fitted but 20mm thick. However for your use, the extra leverage caused on the axle may be bad news

Hi Singlespeed.

Our twingo is going to be about 90mm wider than standard, just confirming widths at the moment.

We have an alloy fabircacted spacer that holds the caliper etc on a different car and it works really well.

We are also using Volvo hubs wheel brgs.

We used independant rear suspension on the Clio but going back to a beam with this.

I had seen the catalogues, that thankyou for the thought!