Twingo RS-Austria

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wipperman

Reaction score
Hi,
New owner of a Twingo RS.
Nothing special to report
Noise from left front brake calliper, or drive shaft, or perhaps wheel bearing, I’m not sure, will check.
It's a fun little car, I will try to do a track day, the car doesn’t get full justice on streets.
Input regarding track days are highly appreciated, I live in Vienna-Austria.

Best regards
Anders

Welcome to the forum...

Check your noise before you do any track days firstly lol :p

With regards to information on track days, I'm guessing you plan to do them in Austria, rather than coming to the UK in which case you'll probably be best of finding a regional group local to yourself that attend track days and events. Other than that google is probably your best bet.

I have now isolated the problem. the wheel bearing is bad, it will survive street usage but will die on track.
I don’t have the necessary tools for changing, I need to take it to a garage.
Yes, google is my friend I have found several track days in Austria and Hungary, it would be great fun to test it on track.
When I tried the “sports monitor” and “recommended gear” on a typical alp road it was behind a Porsche Panarema, the driver got frustrated of the little blue Twingo and had to do a pit stop at a bus stop :)

2016-10-02-21-04-48_dsc05732.jpg

Noise has been taken care of.
I cleaned the brake calipers with a steel brush and applied copper paste.
Its now better than new :)

oVerboost":1n1ko3vt said:
So it wasn't a wheel bearing? What was the noise you could hear?

The noise was metal to metal, sounded like worn down brake pads.
I’m still having some noise when the car is rolling, it disappears when I’m accelerating, I’m not sure if it’s supposed to be like that, everything is OK, that could indicate driveshafts.

My car is now OK.
I have been driving it as it should be driven, it has repaired itself.