Twingo RS H&R springs ?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GhostZ

Reaction score
So i was wondering is it healthy if i put H&R lowering springs -25mm on the original dampers ?
i heard ppl with clio's do like those H&R springs :eek: was wondering does anyone have experience with lowering springs on original dampers , do your dampers get worse cause of the lowering will they worn out faster ???

i do have alot of question before doing this i was looking also at the Bilstein B14 kit but i got to a conclusion you have to make a custom part before you can fit those ..... (suspension-and-brakes/bilstein-b14-info-please-t6011.html)

but back on topic if anyone got experience with a twingo RS with lowering springs by any brand did you have issues later on after using them for a year or 2 on stock dampers, cause i am considering putting H&R springs on my Gordini
HR_289711.jpg

thanks for reading
GhostZ

25mm on original dampers is fine, from previous cars and forums ive heard that you get trouble going 50mm or lower on originals

We have fitted the H&R springs on our Gordini - 1,5 years ago (the car has 0 km/miles).
No problems - perfect handling.
We have tested it last week on the geman racetrack "Nordschleife" :D .

I have over 4000 miles on Apex 25mm springs which look to have the same coil shape as H&R spring. No problem with the dampers so far

JE_GT":2lz2gsbp said:
25mm on original dampers is fine, from previous cars and forums ive heard that you get trouble going 50mm or lower on originals
kecke":2lz2gsbp said:
We have fitted the H&R springs on our Gordini - 1,5 years ago (the car has 0 km/miles).
No problems - perfect handling.
We have tested it last week on the geman racetrack "Nordschleife" :D .
singlespeed":2lz2gsbp said:
I have over 4000 miles on Apex 25mm springs which look to have the same coil shape as H&R spring. No problem with the dampers so far
Twingogeekeo":2lz2gsbp said:
Mines done about 6k on apex springs and also no issues

Thanks for the info guys so it is a GREEN LIGHT for me to get me some H&R springs fitted :D