Twingo vs Clio Oil filter

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madmatt

Reaction score
Hi All,

Do you think the Clio 172/182 and Twingo oil filters and associated fitments are the same?

I've just found a HEL Oil Cooler kit for the Clio and there's no point even looking at it if the Sandwich plate won't fit on the damn car....

Cheers

M

when i talked with ktec it seemed as though they were going to use the clio turbo kit's oil cooler for the 133 turbo conversion, but i never did find the details on plates.
wanting to do the same thing sometime in future.

on subject of oil filter, saw a company that can make metal filtered oil filters, lifetime use, wash and put back but over 100 quid a pop :(

It makes me glad to find out I'm not the only one not sleeping lol =P
It might be worth talking to HEL about the thread sizes and stuff...

Ouch! That's a fair outlay for something that's really only for people doing regular trackdays/oilchanges...

The oil cooler kit looks gooood though =)

M

when i tryed to put a sandwich plate on my GT it wouldnt fit, so im still looking for some thing to replace to get the gauge working, so if there is anything please let me know

thanks guys

I may be onto something....

Oil Filter Dimensions for Twingo RS, from Mahle:
Thread: M20x1.5
Seal Out/Diam: 72mm
Seal In/Diam: 62mm

Just need to find what matches now.

M

I have news...may be good.

The Clio 172/182 fitment is the same, only the Clio has an anti return valve in the filter.

So....The thread size/gasket size are the same, so in theory, the Oil Cooler/Sandwich plate should fit =D

M

matts the hero.
shame you couldnt get it to fit though, seems odd if there ment to be the same

Just checked the Clio 172/182 and 133 filters they are different part numbers so not the same filter.

Karl, I know they're not the same filter, Clio one has a non return valve, but thread and gasket sizes are all the same.

Taken from Eurocarparts, comparing 2 Mahle filters from Twingo RS and Clio 182.

Mr Ben, try HEL, they're doing a full kit but I'm sure they would sell you a singular sandwich plate to do with what you please.

M

Full kit would be preferable. HEL?!? Sorry being dim.... As in the brake lines? have you a link?

Ben and Mat on a mission to lower global warming from the twingos ;)
good luck guys. will be saints if you can do it. gods if you do a how too for me :p

Ask and you shall recieve =)

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Renault-Clio-172-182-197-HEL-19-Row-Oil-Cooler-Kit-/170586335831?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27b7bcea57

Full kit, including CNC mounting bracket....mmmmmm.
By the looks of it, the hoses are prefitted with the ends which is good because they are a PITA and if you over tighten them, they snap and you don't know until you put it on the car and fire it up, then p*shing oil all over the place...Speaking from Experiance: F2 Hyundai Coupe =(

HEL indeed Ben =D

M

I'm a bit of a whore and like people to see what I've got (if you excuse the obvious expression), so I'd have to get it blue anodised a'la Greddy.

M

No worries mate, I'd like to get one soon but right now it's lying at the bottom of my "want" list.

Might even just ask them for the Sandwich plate and hoses, tell them to keep the Cooler and get myself a 13 row HKS or a Greddy one =P 19 row's a bit excessive for a 1600.

M