Twinky. The Green One's baby brother.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N0ddie

Reaction score
Not a new member to the site (Signed up when Karl opened it up) but didnt have a Twingo 133 so just came on for the pics/progress threads. Anyway, now we have our very own Twingo 133 so thought I'd stick a progress thread up so I can keep everything/little change in the one place.

Anyway the car:

6782481066_7c333d4703_b.jpg

Its a 2009 (59 plate) Caspium Red Twingo 133 with added Cup suspension. Got a nice little bonus of the car having the handsfree bluetooth milarky I didnt realise it had. Obviously it also has the big decals, which I wanted to remove but so far everyone thats seen the car has said keep 'em. So al keep 'em until the get tatty.

What have I do to her since picking her up on Saturday? Well, we bought Jack (our 8 month old wee boy) a new Recaro baby seat so thats the first addition. Today I took delivery of some Phillips Extreme white headlight bulbs and white LED side lights (cheers Singlespeed for the recommendations in the bulb thread). Fitted them half an hour ago and the difference is night and day over standard. At the weekend I'll be changing the indicator bulbs to nice non-orange silver ones.

What else do we have planned for Twinky?

- Cup spoiler in anthracite
- Gearknob/gaitor and handbrake package
- Wrap the front plate bar thingy in black

Thats really it for now but I have really taken a liking to Singlespeed's 2118s so can see these as a purchase in the not too distant future.

Today I also ordered the site's gold package so I've got some Twingo133.net goodies coming my way soon.

Monster Detail":36li2s4i said:
I hope you enjoy it, mate!

I've still got some goodies left over from the last time I ordered some stuff from you on Clio197.net so will hopefully be treating Twinky to a nice wash this weekend.

Not a mod as such but a small change none-the-less, I removed the spare wheel and other boot junk. Definate weight saving right there.

Ive kept mine in to keep some weight over the back end.

Rubber bung in airbox removed yet? Did mine today and very happy i am indeed!

Is it me or do the cars that usually act like cocks seem to shudder or something when they see an rs model as bmws and audis actually move out of my way now rather than cut me up! Gets a lot of attention the lil red car was behind a blue 197 the other day and people were jusg gawping at our cars...so so nice to have a repectable boy racers car lol

twing0joe":3v17y4la said:
Ive kept mine in to keep some weight over the back end.

Rubber bung in airbox removed yet? Did mine today and very happy i am indeed!

Is it me or do the cars that usually act like cocks seem to shudder or something when they see an rs model as bmws and audis actually move out of my way now rather than cut me up! Gets a lot of attention the lil red car was behind a blue 197 the other day and people were jusg gawping at our cars...so so nice to have a repectable boy racers car lol

Lol. It certainly gets some funny looks.

Think I'm gonna put the spare back in as I was reading last night that if your car comes with one from the factory and you get a puncture, phone the AA and you dont have it their, they will refuse to come to your assistance. Think its shocking and really not worth the hassle of buying the repair foam and compressor thingy from a Dynamique so al be sticking it back in after work.

I think you should wrap your number plate surround thing in carbon wrap so i can see what it looks like lol

Had a look into the decals you have as i like them after seeing my twingo on forza 4 and when i checked they are around 120 quid which is bs as id pay no more than 50.

Your car looks odd to me as its basically the same as mine but with the cup wheels and somehow looks so much different

After a quick google

Edit: Gah, crappy imageshack.us, appologies for the massive image. Also aware it's not cabon - but might give you an idea...

dsc04949d.jpg

Hmmm. I dont think I like the carbon look. Gloss black, IMO, looks much better.

Had a few plans to buy some stuff for the Twingo at the end of the month but that plan has been scuppered as I've bought yet another set of wheels for the 200 lol.

Ah the reason is i have the same stuff they used on the doors in my cupboard big roll of the stuff. I really wisb i could afford a 200 day to day but i cant and they suit me perfect and we gelled

Well, that's Twinky been in our possession for 6 months now so thought I'd post a little update (Not that there's much been done).

6 months and 8k miles and only 1 small issue. Had to use the horn to warn an impending collision (Someone wanted to be in my lane at the point I was in it) and after a 2 second blast it just died. Turned out the previous owner had changed the horn for a (Really gay sounding) aftermarket horn so wasn't covered under warranty. Changed it myself for a £5 eBay bargain horn (Renault wanted £110 for the pleasure) in time for its first MOT last weekend.

Had her serviced at the same time as the MOT, she passed with only 2 advisories on the rear tyres nearing their legal limit. The service however has made a massive difference to the car. I'm putting it done primarily to the new plugs that get done every 3 years but it is definitely quicker through the revs.

The little "upgrades" that I initially planned for the car will hopefully be next on the list of stuff to do, after 2 new tyres. Spending on the 200 is on hold and will only be track day funds (Next one being the 16th September).

You thought of putting the 133 on track? Either at the same or near a track day in the 200 just to see how different the experience is?

It has crossed my mind but after the money I've spent on the 200 it doesn't make sense. Though I do think it's been on the track before as the shoulders on the tyres look to have gotten very hot and worn.

I'm not gonna rule out taking it on the track but at this moment in time the road is where she'll be.

Some new pics of the little 133 at last. Not the best pics (taken with iPhone and dirty car) but thought I'd get some new ones taken:

7955158606_e87fffd53d_b.jpg

7955156092_4727278a5a_b.jpg

7955153602_3af656b37c_b.jpg

Also fitted some new Bridestone Potenza RE050A tyres today (Done the full set of 4) and what a difference they have made. Less road noise and more grip over the Conti 3 tyres that were fitted. Went for the slightly wider 205s as opposed to the silly small 195s that come fitted.

Definitely needs the Cup spoiler now.

At last I've got round to ordering goodies for Twink.

First thing being the RS gearknob/gaitor and handbrake from Karl:

RS-Twingo-Schaltknauf.jpg

And today I've ordered some new speakers:

Pioneer TS-Q131C for the fronts and Pioneer TS-E1302 2-Way 13 cm Car Speaker for the rear.

tsq131c_gallery.jpg

TS-E1302I.jpg

Gear knob, gaitor and handbrake cover arrived today. Took 5 mins to fit with the only difficulty being getting the old knob off.

Love the sportier look it gives the interior.

Cheers yet again Karl.

Pics to follow.