Twinky's big brother. Alien Green 200 Cup

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N0ddie

Reaction score
Thought I'd stick up a wee thread detailing the evolution of our other car, our Clio 200 Cup. Not gonna go into every little detail (I have a progress thread over on Clio197.net for that so take a look here if your interested: https://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2520).

So! Picked her up brand new looking like this:

IMG_0144.jpg

and now after a good number of modifications/additions she's looking like this:

6816271567_5959744513_b.jpg

6816271535_56e028563d_b.jpg

So what have we done to her? Well:

- Gloss black Cup spoiler
- 17" x 8" OZ Ultraleggera wheels
- Gloss black roof wrap
- HEL braided brake lines
- Motul RBF600 brake fluid
- Projector headlights
- Akrapovic Evolution exhaust system
- H&R coilovers
- KW Clubsport coilovers
- 330mm 2-piece brake discs
- DS2500 brake pads all round

Then theres the consumable items that have been used and abused:

- 2 sets of pads all round
- 1 set of discs all round
- 2 sets of Toyo R888s
- 1 set of second hand 197 wheels (First trackday set)

Her primary/daily purpose is to get the wife (Emma) to work and back and secondary use is my trackday car lol. Not done one yet with the new coilover setup or brake setup but got my first of the year booked for the 17th of this month @ Knockhill so will feedback any news or pics from there.

Lovely! This is what i was getting before my son decided to show himself lol

such great cars!

Yesterday I took delivery of the new wheels for the 200.

IMG_0367.jpg

IMG_0369.jpg

4 brand new Clio Cup race car Speedlines. Hopefully be on the car a week tomorrow.

I was just thinking the other day these wheels would look good on a twingo! What sort of price/sizes do they come in?

I may lose my job soon but the missus has pointer out to me that there are people earning 10k a year more than me doing what ibdo so maybe one of these 200s isnt so far out of reach..

Such great great epic cars

Looks like a good day at knockhill. I've got my first trackday there on sunday :) New wheels look good too :)

just seen this post and recognised the car/ a similar one.

I dont suppose you are Chester based? or the car used to be?

the only reason I ask is because when i used to live in Chester there was a clio cup with the reg starting in CL10 *** parked outside the Chichester pub a lot!

sorry if it isnt you, but I thought I would ask just incase :)

twing0joe":1pdvl4mh said:
I was just thinking the other day these wheels would look good on a twingo! What sort of price/sizes do they come in?

I may lose my job soon but the missus has pointer out to me that there are people earning 10k a year more than me doing what ibdo so maybe one of these 200s isnt so far out of reach..

Such great great epic cars

These Cup racer wheels are not for sale to the general public so am not allowed to say where I got 'em. They cost £125+VAT per wheel which is a bargain imo.

scott133":1pdvl4mh said:
Looks like a good day at knockhill. I've got my first trackday there on sunday :) New wheels look good too :)

Excllent. Brave man though choosing a Hot Hatch day as your first. They are a bit too rough for my liking. You should try and get along to one of the track evenings (You get more time on track in a 2 hour evening session than you do at a full days Hot Hatch day) or half day events.

tommy89":1pdvl4mh said:
just seen this post and recognised the car/ a similar one.

I dont suppose you are Chester based? or the car used to be?

the only reason I ask is because when i used to live in Chester there was a clio cup with the reg starting in CL10 *** parked outside the Chichester pub a lot!

sorry if it isnt you, but I thought I would ask just incase :)

That most definitely isnt this car as its been ours since new. Unless someone has cloned it of course.

N0ddie":c3fmgtar said:
That most definitely isnt this car as its been ours since new. Unless someone has cloned it of course.

ah, just thought I would check, as I admired the car as I walked past it everyday :)

New wheels are on:

7028941417_a09c7546fd_b.jpg

6882837316_78ce4cb091_b.jpg

6882834404_f42468424f_b.jpg

7028938739_13ce406b9f_b.jpg

What can I say? I fudging love 'em. Looks like a proper little race car.

Also had the Clubsports tweaked and now the ride is so much better. Now half way between max and min. Tis awesome.

certainly a good collection,

love the fact the clio has a baby on board sticker. thats a proper family car, not a people carrier :)

Looking good mate. What is the ride like on coils compared to the stock cup setup? Have you done any camber adjustment?