Uh oh another Duster

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex_225

Reaction score
Yes, James May would be so proud!!! We picked up our Dacia Duster about 3 weeks ago after a rather long wait for it to be built.

It's a 4x4 1.5 DCI Leareate model so comes with all the things you'd want from a modern car, electric mirrors and windows front/back, aircon, alloys, MP3 headunit etc.

Either way it's brilliant, makes such a difference driving a high up car that just absorbs all he bumps as well as returning a minimum of 45mpg or 55mpg+ on a longer run. Also even though we're still running the engine in you can feel it has plenty of torque and although you pull away in 2nd (1st being a low range gear on the 4WD) it goes really well. Perfect family car. :)

Anyway....here she was at the dealership.

image_zpse7f9bf58.jpg

image_zpsdf03682c.jpg

photo9_zpsdc4707d9.jpg

photo8_zps554185eb.jpg

photo3_zps921c44a7.jpg

photo10_zps16986e44.jpg

photo7_zps8fb51c95.jpg

photo2_zpscf2b18e9.jpg

photo12_zps1dc420e7.jpg

photo13_zps9a0f75c4.jpg

photo15_zps17b618a9.jpg

photo1_zps30a0ad42.jpg

photo14_zpsafea7e25.jpg

And here she is after a lovely protection detail by my mate Dan at Serious Detailing! (yes I let someone else touch one of my cars! lol

103_zpsd49205e8.jpg

102_zps56825b16.jpg

101_zpsf2cd3031.jpg

110_zps3c66075a.jpg

111_zps3e29c77c.jpg

109_zpsffe1389b.jpg

106_zpsf5de8aea.jpg

As I've said on another forum mate tidy bit if kit for the cash, makes a lot if sense and means you can still have your RS toys :lol:

First thing I noticed while looking at those photos, how lazy Renault have been not removing the sticker from the engine haha

Funny thing is if you look round the entire car there's no disguising most of the Renault-ness about it.

Apart from the shape of the dashboard, most of the switches and vents are stolen from different Renaults. The gearknob is the same as the Twingo as are the door handles. As you can see it's blatantly a Renault engine. As far as I know the 4WD system is stolen from a Nissan X-Trail so overall it's a real mix of Renault and Nissan.

Thing is it's a great car in it's own right and when you compare it to other SUV type cars it's actually far more purposeful and tough looking than a jacked up car like a Qashqai but a hell of a lot cheaper.

I had a good read of all the posts on your thread over on...
It was quiet amusing some of the comments :lol:

I like the black trim around the arches and sills etc. Is that an extra?
Yeah it's certainly made up from a variety of parts from different cars. (I suppose that's a good thing as long as they've not used twingo rs lower ball joints :roll: )

Oh on ClioSport? Well you know what some of them are like on there, doesn't matter whether you drive a Ferrari or a Skoda they'll have a misinformed opinion in some way or other. That site is renowned for it! lol

Yeah the black trims were the 'Adventurer' pack which we just liked the look of on the model they had in the showroom so we ticked the box for it.

Haha good point, no lower arm joints that's for certain. That is the idea though, using parts that have been in use for ages on other models should in theory prove to be reliable yet cheap as they're not being designed as bespoke parts for the car. Apparently all of the doors across the range are the same, so the Sandero, Dokker, Duster etc have the same doors. It really is such a clever way of making cars to keep cost down yet without it feeling a cheap car.