Unmarked police car

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dubz

Reaction score
Just seen what looked like a normal (old model) honda civic pull over a group of street racers. Guessing it was an unmarked police car.

If so that's a great way to sort out the street racers around here as if your in a civic after midnight someone will try and race you.

Glad I wasn't pulled over after civic hunting... Turns out the 1.2l twingo is quicker than 1.4l civics

They use a lot of unexpected cars round here as unmarked police cars - think everyone noticed the shiny bmw 5 series circling town at midnight.

I've seen a transit, mini and old scenic with blue flashers on round here. good way to outwit the tools that cruise car parks, then over rev the poorly maintained heaps up a busy highstreet.

I find it's usually the two large guys with highvisibility jackets on, in the front of the abnormally clean car that gives it away :p

They don't need to wear their hi-vi's tops untill they are out the car, so could be harder to spot ;)

maggi112":dpmbzk1a said:
Nothing new there.

That must have been the slowest drag race in history dubz? :lol: when will you learn?
rachel-2cv-rear.jpg

Lol

I agree. Had a few as courtesy cars. Good cars but very slow. Suppose they maybe quick against other 1.2s

maggi112":2didw1bu said:
Nothing new there.

That must have been the slowest drag race in history dubz? :lol: when will you learn?

When I start losing ;)

Oi! The 1.2 is very capable if you use the gears correctly ans don't just trundle round everywhere in 4th.

Against many other cars on the road, when coupled with the twingo's handling- people may gain going up hills, but on the corners they are suprisingly grippy for a old lady car.

Do we really have to go through all this again?

Round here ive seen them using sciroccos, 3 and 5 series, audi a3 and 4 and skoda octavias. No old bangers aloud me thinks

My dad once got pulled over by a smart car in amsterdam - he thought it was a joke so didn't pull over straight away. Needless to say they didn't appreciate all the giggling when two huge men got out of a shoe sized car :p

Bring that to england! The comedy factor would render a lot of hardened criminals speechless :D

we have the interceptor hq near us so they got everything :(

they got an r32 golf, vectra vxrs, vectra sri's, focus st's, audis, bmw's, evos, scoobys, got a lotus elise and exige, volvos, a ford galaxy (thats what pulled me over ), honda civics, landrover freelanders as well as the normal squad cars.