Uprated clutch

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sullii94

Reaction score
Been looking round but cant find one for the GT.
So.. is there anywhere that actually sells an uprated clutch for the GT, or is it a case of ringing around company's to try make a one off?
Seen a few people talk about them but don't know if anyone has one or not.

Yea you can get them made as a one off but i was speaking to david at ktec a few weeks ago when i was there and they are going to be making one i think

I dont suppose you know when they're planning on making it do you? if its not too long ill probably wait it out and see what they come up with first..

Would it be expensive for the working hours?

Let's say I buy one from Ktec when they've developed it and ask my local Renault garage to replace it with the uprated one.. is it a long job? Is it easy to get to on the GT?

I'm in a little bit of a dilemma.

Would want a little bit more power.. go from 130 to 140 bhp but don't want to do this without a new clutch.

But then, what would be the easiest way of achieving the extra 10 bhp?

FMIC?

Still have the 172 injectors too..

On the other hand, keep it as it is now and save money for a more powerful car in the future.

Decat is a no go.. atleast not in Belgium :|

I'll see what Ktec cooks up after the uprated clutch.

if your running say 125bhp on standard injectors you will get 20bhp from 172 injectors, FMIC and a good map, intercooler on its own you would get few bhp at most, the standard intercooler aint that bad. the only issue with it, at least on the twingo is that it gets completely blocked up on the rear side due to the dirt and water coming in thru the arch liner, mine was that bad it was actually allowing ZERO percent air to travel past it, it was thick with mud, 5 minutes and a pressure washer later and it was as new, good bit about the location of the intercooler is you suffer no stone chip damage, although you dont get maximum air flow, im looking to get a spare fog light surround and make a fancy duct like the Nismo skyline one for the oil cooler!

not sure if the wind uses the same cooler.

in reply to your original question, the labour cost between fitting an uprated and standard clutch will just be the same yes so any garage that can fit a normal clutch can fit your uprated one. its a pretty easy job although still labour time intensive by book time.

i wouldnt hold your breath for the ktec one, as much as i like their mail order and they generally make decent products (or atleast use decent suppliers) - ive heard loads and loads of suggestions that they are making this and that and it never ever happens. they had a GT demo car when they first came out and any parts they were going to make they would have made for that... remember the GT decat pipe????

Martin_172":2l47capm said:
along with the 200 other products they were making that they made 1 then didnt bother to offer it
theres probably a variety of reasons why any particular one off doesn't go to production.

If the customer doesn't give any long term feedback, would you blindly release a product.
Does it actualy give any benefit.. Performance mods that loose power aren't good business
Can it be made economicaly.
Is there a sufficient market for it
Making tooling/ jigs etc will be expensive for repeat part manufacture.
Do you have enough time and resources to get it produced
I'm sure theres loads more.

It's a little bit of a shame.. it maybe be a small engine but it has quite some potential.

When I remapped mine, the guys who did it were amazed of the 30% increase of a simple remap without doing any mods to it.

I regularly check the Ktec website to see if they released something new.

David told me they would be releasing the decat shortly when I was down there a few weeks back. I don't see any reason why he would lie about it. They are made by JanSpeed in Salisbury for Ktec so they are probably waiting for them to make enough stock?

ive heard loads of roumours that david said stuff was going to be released then never happened, as ive said before if k-tec release a decat before i order the protoxide one, id buy it as i like janspeed and have never had any issues with their systems, but i just dont have any faith in it ever being available. as much as i want it to.