Urgent help needed!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EY10YUR_

Reaction score
Good morning lads and lasses,

I've not posted on here for some time and I currently find myself in a bit of a predicament with my Twingo so I thought i'd explain my problem on here as I have nothing to lose and thought someone else may have expereinced the same problem.
Okay so my car is a 2010 Twingo Sport Cup. 32,000 miles. Has a ridiculously easy life, I cycle to work all week and only use the car on the weekends when I'm not working.
Last Thursday I went to start the car up, it had ran perfectly fine up until this point, after over two years of ownership, I had used the car the day before. But it did not want to start up. All the lights on the dashboard came on, including the tractoon control light on the rev counter. It just keep trying to turn over without firing up. So i took the key out, left it a few minutes and tried again. This time with a bit of a splutter it burst into life. I had no issues then for the rest of the day. Driving it to work on Friday as I was going to Wales for the weekend straight from work. Coming out of work on Friday it did the same thing again, taking a few minutes to fire up. Thinking it was just down to the weather i went on my way. However a short while later i was going along at 30mph when all the dashboard lights came on again and i completely lost power. I could keep it going along at 30 with my foot to the floor but no faster. I pulled over as soon as i could and the car was idling really roughly. I turned it off and left it a couple of minutes before starting again and low and behold, it was absolutely fine! So i carried on my way and literally two miles down the road the same thing happened again. The AA came out to it, ran diagnostics on it, found no faults or problems whatsoever, re set it. Then followed me a further 25 miles down the road to Chester services with the car running fine down the motorway at a steady 70. The only thing i did notice was the throttle pedal seeming to skip and judder a little as i was going along. Other than that the car ran perfectly well and pulled strongly as usual. After Chester services the AA left me and I got a further 20 miles down the road, barely into Wales when the same thing happened again. After ringing the AA guy back up i switched it off and on and it seemed to re set itself and I was told to carry on my way and do the same thing should it happen again. It happened a further five times but eventually we got to our campsite. Parked the car up and didn't touch it again until Sunday when we were planning on coming home. This time after putting the key in and turning all the lights came up on the dash and the car just keep churning and trying it's best to turn over but to no avail. Bugger. The AA came out once again and this time even after re setting it on the diagnostics and going over the car with a fine toothcomb he could not get it to start. So we had to get towed all the way home and the car is now sat on my drive refusing to start.

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas before i get it taken off to a garage, I don'5 want to get taken for a ride and spend over the odds as i know it was running fine and did run fine once i switched it off and on again.
Apologies for the long windedness of it all but i thought it best i go into detail.

Thanks in advance folks

Tom

if the twingo isnt running right could be many things... like spark plugs maybe the coil packs need changing i hear these need doing often on RS model renaults maybe even moisture in the engine somehow bad fuel maybe could be many things like this that could cause the engine not to run smoothly

Thanks for all the help and support guys.
£260 later it turned out to be a bad wire.
All up and running again now after the master technician at Renault spent an entire day going all over it.