Urgent Help Needed....

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bilham

Reaction score
People..

I have just invested in a RStuner and it has just been deliverd...

2 questions..

1) What do i do now..

2) Do i now have to buy a performance map or is it included...

I go to germany sat morning so could realy do with some urgent help..

THANKSSS

Have you purchased it brand new or second hand?

If it's second hand, you'll need to get it unlocked to use it on your car as it'll be locked to another car/ECU.

You'll then need to get on the rstuner website and download the map you want, will be instructions on there as to how to plug it in, upload/download, etc.

I brought it from new...

So are the maps all €50 or do i get one included??

Thanks

So did i considering there was an extra cost for my twingo 133 somthing to do with the chassis number.. for 300 odd quid i would have thought it would have been included specialy as you can get a custom map in some places for same price ...

you have to buy the map. simple as that. when I bought my rstuner it was for a symbolic 1€. but they are now 50€ for the twingo, I think.

sure you can get a custom map for that price. but you have to pay again for every improvement or if you want to go back to stock... plus for a small fee you can buy more car licenses and flash the map to other twingos of friends... my rstuner paid off completely, as I organised a small meeting of local twingo drivers and charged them 100€ for a copy of the map...

These things sound like a good idea for making money. I like Fredi's idea of getting more licences and charging people a wee bit for a copy of the map

Having red all that, I'm also getting interested in purchasing it! I have a couple of questions though:

1. What are the possible improvements you can get out of this RSTuner Software? I'm not expecting miracles, but still...
2. I only have the BMC airfilter and I'm thinking about a new exhaust - how do these maps work? Can you just buy some pre-made ones that take your new airfilter and exhaust into consideration?
3. Do you only need your RSTuner Software (free) and a map (55€) to do the job and that's it? So when they reset your computer at the workshop, you just simply download your previous map to your car and run on it again?

Thanks and sorry if my questions sound a bit stupid, but I'm very new to all this,

Matija

Matthias":34x0guh5 said:
Having red all that, I'm also getting interested in purchasing it! I have a couple of questions though:

1. What are the possible improvements you can get out of this RSTuner Software? I'm not expecting miracles, but still...
2. I only have the BMC airfilter and I'm thinking about a new exhaust - how do these maps work? Can you just buy some pre-made ones that take your new airfilter and exhaust into consideration?
3. Do you only need your RSTuner Software (free) and a map (55€) to do the job and that's it? So when they reset your computer at the workshop, you just simply download your previous map to your car and run on it again?

Thanks and sorry if my questions sound a bit stupid, but I'm very new to all this,

Matija
Just to clarify, you do need the rstuner box as well.