URGENT Problem!!! Electric window won't go up!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forza

Reaction score
My right side window is all the way down and it wont come up. Troubles started yesterday evening, while driving my window was down and wouldn't come up again. After arriving at home I tried it again and it suddenly worked, so far so good. Today I wanted to know more and tried it again, window goes down, won't come up.... Went for a drive and when I rolled up to my house the window went up again. So I took off the door panel to have a look, but couldn't see anything wrong. So I rolled the window down, but didn't go up, even after a drive (which helped the previous times) it won't come up.

What I tried so far is I took off the door panel to look for loose wires/connections, as far as I could see everything was okay. Held the switch up for 10 seconds to reset (read that on-line, which helped in an Espace). Disconnected the battery to reset the electronics, didn't help.

Has anyone had the same problem? And/or does anyone know what more I could do? I don't want to leave it open at night :cry: .

We had this problem with Emma's original 133 (58 plate). Happened with the passengers side one.

Needed a new window regulator (Motor) courtesy of Renault. You'll have to take the door card off on the inside and push it up on your own until you can get it looked at.

this is about the drivers window right?

if so - does the switch operate the passenger side window correctly? if not... possibly a dodgy/ wet switch - a possibly remedy for the short term would be to use the passenger door switch (swap over) to operate the drivers window.

could be a fuse- but doesn't sound like it with an intermittent electrical fault. you could still investigate (they are under the dashboard for the electric windows I believe)

When the window was up, I could roll it down in increments but it wouldn't go up at all. So the motor worked.

It's the right side window, which for me is the passenger side (It's left hand drive). I can't use the driver side switch because it has a completely different adapter. Left window works as it should, and the switch on the driver side does the same as the passenger side switch, down works, up doesn't work.

Ah right - sounds like its not the switch or electrics to the window system - as was said, sounds like a dodgy motor with some internal electrical fault that doesn't allow/ gets stuck when it wants to push the window up.

Best thing to do would be to remove the door card.. Try and push the window back up into position (being very careful here - sharp edges and fragile glass) possibly while operating the switch to give it a kick start.

If you manage to get it closed - seal the top of the window with gaffa tape so it doesn't roll down over night :)

Ah - my next method to fix it for this evening depends on the area you live in...

Either a plastic sheet and tape to protect from the rain... Or some ply wood and bolts to keep people out.

Good luck :)

Covered it with plastic, ductaped shut. Rain ain't the problem, I parked it next to my parents car with about 3 cm clearance so I hope nobody has the urge to look inside :lol: .

Maybe the heat from the passed few days (30 degrees, and today 38+) had something to do with it. Already tried cooling te door with cold water, didn't help.

Dealer to the rescue I guess :? .

HA

HA

Very funny ;)

Back from the local Renault dealer. It's probably just the switch, they used the left side one and it went up. So hopefully it's solved by installing a new one. Just have to wait till they get one.

Well, I've got a second (related??) problem .... the window wont close (opening is no problem, the switch isn't fixed yet) and my right side view mirror doesn't work (hadn't noticed it before). What the f***?? is going on....

Water got into the door and onto the controls? Or it could be a dodgy little bit of wiring.