Vibrating Steering wheel ?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GhostZ

Reaction score
Well so i am driving on the highway and the car is doing around 180km/h on fairly wide and nice flat tarmac turn if i slightly turn in the steering wheel at maybe 20° turned to the left my steeringwheel is vibrating a litlle is it normal (at that time i felt uneasy :( and let go of the throttle) ?

i got the contisportcontact 3 default tires i got it whit the car when i bought it (my tire pressure was front tires 2.3 at the back 2.1)

Normally that is from the tracking is out I would go get the tracking checked bud.

I had this and it turned out to be a miss shaped tyre. Like Matt said, it could either be the tracking or wheel balancing

how many miles have your tyres done? id say its prob a tyre being out of shape. u can prob get the wheels re-balanced to get rid of this.

TURBO":3lo5svx7 said:
how many miles have your tyres done? id say its prob a tyre being out of shape. u can prob get the wheels re-balanced to get rid of this.

around 3300 Kilomiters a re-balance where can i ask this in a tire shop or my dealer where i bought my car from

Daveyb133":3lo5svx7 said:
I had this and it turned out to be a miss shaped tyre. Like Matt said, it could either be the tracking or wheel balancing

explain tracking i dont understand that word >_< ?

yes mate any tyre centre will b able to balance your wheels for u.

your main dealer should b able to do it as long as they have tyre fitting/balancing machines

thanks guys i will go to a tire shop and tell them about my problem and see if they say the same thing that i have to do a wheel alignment or wheel balancing , then i know i am at the right adress ;)