Vinyl wrapping

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calum_97

Reaction score
Was thinking of getting some stuff wrapped in carbon fibre, like that wing mirrors, fog surrounds, spoiler and behind the reg plate. And just wanted to see if anyone had any advice or experience with the stuff? And where is best to get some?

Was also thinking of getting a few bits and pieces in the interior wrapping too.
Cheers :)

Yeah - I have wrapped all of the above bits in different kinds of vinyl- the white wrap is from wilkinsons for kitchens, and the black carbon wrap was £3 off amazon - aslong as you are careful with the cheaper stuff it works very well. but I agree with Movingshadow 3M would be the brand I would have used.

Mirror caps come off by popping the glass out, lever off the 4 clips (one in each corner) then slid off forwards.

As for tips my method tends to be - cut it to a vaguely correct shape, then use heat (I used a hairdryer) to soften up the vinyl, and stretch it bit by bit reheating as you go. I used a cheap loyalty card to spread out any bubbles.

if you do the fog surrounds yourself - make sure you clean everything very well, Somehow I missed a bug and now have the imprint of a dead fly on the vinyl.... oops!

Awesome thanks, yeah the pics look great. I'm hoping to spend whatever free time I have just now looking into it, then maybe get some stuff ordered. Exciting times :)