Volunteering in Tanzania, Africa

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HigtonA

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Sorry I haven’t been that active recently been soo busy with Uni work as I am on full time placement where I am helping young people with different issues. Also I have been planning a lot to go to Africa with couple of my lecturers and a few friends.

Can I ask for a favor, I need to raise a lot of money and currently finding it quite hard as people aren’t willing to give as much. I am planning on going to Africa, Tanzania and will be doing quite a lot of volunteering in the local communities, but let me tell you a little more first.

At Uni I am doing a course called Community Education and by the end of it, I am looking to be able to work in the community to try and make a change in peoples life’s for the better. This experience will help greatly by learning and developing new skills.

I will be based in house showing below where I will be staying, the project is called ‘the Maarifa Youth Project’ for a mainly helps young people with technical skills they can take back to their families

Africa.jpeg

These are some more photos my lecturer has taken from previous years she has went.

Africa2.jpg

Africa1.jpeg

Africa3.jpg

Africa5.jpg

Can I just ask people a favor and possible donate as I think it is a great cause and given people a future they would never have had.

I will write up a report of the things I done with money etc. in August after my experience.

If your kind enough to support me and sponsor me can you send me it through pay pal to [email protected] as gift.

Finally I have a statement from my lecturer just about the Project…

The Maarifa Project in Tanzania offers students the opportunity to explore, live work and learn outside their geographical, cultural and emotional comfort zones.
The Maarifa project offers the opportunity to expand frames of reference and question taken for granted assumptions. Living the experience of how it looks and feels to be in a state of intellectual, physical and emotional imbalance can help develop understanding of how others feel when out their comfort zones and where underpinning theory of Community Education synthesises with practice.
Working with the young people and the wider communities of the Maarifa Project will help students develop essential inter and intra personal skills and ability to form different pathways and languages of communication. Further to this the students will gain understanding of cultural identity and develop ability to manage projects that foster and celebrate this identity; they will be able to make links between formal and informal education, understand the importance of education for sustainability; grown in confidence and resilience. These skills are transferable into everyday life here at home as well as in their studies and professional practice. Students may also develop a curiosity and passion for travel, adventure and exploration.