Warranty advice

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheethers

Reaction score
Can anyone advise if rear speakers not working would be covered under warranty? Don't kmow if they didn't work when i bought or if my little shampoo spill in boot as wiped then out

My passenger side speaker packed up & replaced under warranty about a month ago... So the answer is yes...

depending on if the car has the sound pack, it may or may not have the rear speakers.... an easy check to see what the car has is to remove the "tweeter" grilles on the dashboard of the car (lever them off with something like a credit card). some cars have nothing there, some just have wires plugged into dummy tweeters and a few have tweeter speakers :)

you will need to remove your rear trim to see if it has any rear speakers (very easy and there is a "how to" on here)

my car was one with dummy wires to the tweeters, and no wires to the rear speakers.

yer they were an option, as standard, they only got 2x 15 watt fronts, but f u got the sound pack/ bluetooth or monitor pack the speaker were upgraded to 4x 20 watt

tommy89":26s81nld said:
depending on if the car has the sound pack, it may or may not have the rear speakers.... an easy check to see what the car has is to remove the "tweeter" grilles on the dashboard of the car (lever them off with something like a credit card). some cars have nothing there, some just have wires plugged into dummy tweeters and a few have tweeter speakers :)

you will need to remove your rear trim to see if it has any rear speakers (very easy and there is a "how to" on here)

my car was one with dummy wires to the tweeters, and no wires to the rear speakers.

Wouldn't it be easier to set the fader to "rear" and see if any noise comes out :geek:

gavin-h":3tr72uo4 said:
tommy89":3tr72uo4 said:

Wouldn't it be easier to set the fader to "rear" and see if any noise comes out :geek:

i suppose, but its a 30 second job to pull plastic off renaults :D plus that only tells you if you have any rear speakers- not if you have any wires to allow you to put in rears :)

gavin-h":27ml01k2 said:
tommy89":27ml01k2 said:
i suppose, but its a 30 second job to pull plastic off renaults :D

...and a 2 year job to get it back on properly :lol: :lol: :lol:

haha! yes! still have a sun visor not sitting properly in the clio- very annoying!