Warranty limitations

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rich88

Reaction score
Basically what am I allowed to do to my twingo without voiding warranty.obviously leave internals alone but as for air filter,exhaust etc and things like stereo would these void the warranty?

rich88":2zauhcg6 said:
Basically what am I allowed to do to my twingo without voiding warranty.obviously leave internals alone but as for air filter,exhaust etc and things like stereo would these void the warranty?

This is a good question, as there is a common misconception that carrying out particular modifications 'voids your warranty'. This is incorrect and in actual fact, you can carry out any modification you like without voiding your warranty.

The only exception to this is if a modification or another 'external factor' can be attributed to a problem, then the warranty won't cover the cost of repairing that particular problem. Even if this did happen, if anything else should go wrong on the car in future, the warranty isn't affected at all.

So basicly, If you change the suspension and something goes wrong with the shocks it's not covered because they blame the new suspension, but after they fix it it has warranty on its current state?

BlackTwingo-i":7z6f150s said:
So basicly, If you change the suspension and something goes wrong with the shocks it's not covered because they blame the new suspension, but after they fix it it has warranty on its current state?

Not necessarily - because if they went wrong again, the suspension change could still be attributed to the failure.

So if I put an air filter on and the clutch went it wouldn't be related so they would fix,obviously if they didn't throw the wear and tear card at me.but the air filter wouldn't cause an issue?

BlackTwingo-i":9mxzcqpt said:
Not a very good example because if you fitted aftermarket suspension it would have its own separate warranty ;)

A better example would be if you were changing the speakers and something with the audio (or possibly even electrical in general) go wrong then they could try to pin the blame on you.

Matt":vesapoyk said:
BlackTwingo-i":vesapoyk said:
Not a very good example because if you fitted aftermarket suspension it would have its own separate warranty ;)

A better example would be if you were changing the speakers and something with the audio (or possibly even electrical in general) go wrong then they could try to pin the blame on you.

Exactly! And if, for example, you changed your exhaust and then started having problems with your audio, they can't blame you, so they should cover it under warranty (unless they find out another external factor is to blame).

Okay I get it now :) but of common sense really haha, can't blame your exhaust for your speakers breaking can they!