Waterspray causing noise

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1975DCS

Reaction score
A while ago it was very wet conditions and sometimes when I drove to a pool of water, the water spray caused noise. Not like the normal damped noise but a higher note, I thought it was a plate of metal causing the sound. But strangely enough I also hear some wind noise on dry conditions above 100 mp/h, once again it looks like to come from a plate of metal or something. Anyone else have this?

Hmmm not sure...

I know the rear lights are (more or less) unguarded by underarches and you can hear waterspray and small stones hitting the rear of the lights quite a lot...

You'll notice the state of them if you ever take them out :shock:

The Twingo definitely needs rear mud guards to stop that happening. The amount of spray kicked up at the back of the car is really bad.

Really the rear lights? There could be due to a small overhang... Next time it rains, hit a puddle and when you are about to start aquaplaning you will probably hear the splashing too. That's ok, could be splashing for anywhere on the bottom or wheel arches, but the over 100 mp/h situation, could be a small strip generating the noise...

file.php

is it the center of your spoiler making the noise. There should be two small soft rubber buttons stuck between the spoiler and boot lid. Yours looks to be resting against the lid, which may be vibrating

Oh god the spray from the rear of the car is stupid! I remember driving round at Pod on the mud and when I put my foot down there would be huge amounts of mud flicking up the back of my car and everywhere :s

Sticky pads can be bought from Halfords for a few quid if that's causing the problem. Either way the spoiler should have them so a worthwhile investment.