Weebobs at a loss..

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weebob

Reaction score
Alrite chapps and chappesesse.

Sorry i haven't been much, I am considering leaving renaultsport and selling the Clio.

The main reason for this is I am struggling to justify a car like that for a one mile school run. Its just about warmed up and drivable by the time I get there. Lucky if I get out of 2nd gear.

Then there is the mpg, currently getting 19 and that's not though having fun with the car. Stuck in traffic 95% of the time on awful potholed roads (so glad I didn't get a cup). Can't really afford to take it out of a blast any more as I don't want to spuff £40 away on a quick drive.

Anyway, worked out if I get rid I will be £130+ a month better off, that there is some finance. I own the Clio so that's 4.5k there.

There are two plans and a bonus at the mo.

Firstly, Clio goes. I get either a VW up / citigo / mii. We use the wifes Qashqai more for family duties.

Secondly, Clio goes. Wife gets a fabia, I get the Qashqai. The logic behind this is, at weekends we always seem to use my car, whatever it is, as I do all the driving, it may as well be the big comfy economical workhorse.

Torn between the two.

Onto the bonus...... I am getting a track car. My brother is sacrificing his 2000 1.7 puma. Because Racecar. It is going to live in the garage for me to strip it down (learning along the way) and the plan is for it to be track ready next summer. It will remain road legal but got big plans and bits coming, which I will bung up in another thread.

In a ideal world this would be the place for the Clio, but I just have too much money in it.

Well that's it... the Clio is being traded in.

My wife is getting a new Skoda fabia reaction.
Skoda-Fabia-Reaction.jpg

Think I'd quite enjoy driving a qashqai around. Fabia looks quite neat in that grey. They offering q good deal?

Ended up getting £500 over the odds for the Clio.

Its a sad day. But looking forward to track day puma!

The skodas are good cars I have had a Felicia pickup x2 Felicia hatch x2, fabia VRS and an Octavia VRS only thing that lets them down are my local dealers!
I have had a few pumas aswell and will be starting a rally car build over the winter. Any info just ask I take it it's a 1700 your getting?

Graeme

mrbushrat":1rzujydh said:
The skodas are good cars I have had a Felicia pickup x2 Felicia hatch x2, fabia VRS and an Octavia VRS only thing that lets them down are my local dealers!
I have had a few pumas aswell and will be starting a rally car build over the winter. Any info just ask I take it it's a 1700 your getting?

Graeme
Yup its the 1.7, I am going into this a little blind but really looking forward to it.

weebob":m38g8cpe said:
mrbushrat":m38g8cpe said:

Graeme
Yup its the 1.7, I am going into this a little blind but really looking forward to it.
There easy to work on and being a ford you can rake threw the Ford parts bin for upgrade's! The 1700 Yamaha engine loves to rev and there a lot more predictable on the limit than a twingo and prob your old Clio.

Skoda still offering discount + 0% PCP I take it?

Good decision, hope you enjoy the fabia.

Penn":1zpum58m said:

Not in this case. Did use their finance though as was at 7% but taking it gave us three years free servicing and RAC cover. I lowest I could get else where was 6.9% so not bad really.

weebob":10r6tig4 said:
Penn":10r6tig4 said:

Not in this case. Did use their finance though as was at 7% but taking it gave us three years free servicing and RAC cover. I lowest I could get else where was 6.9% so not bad really.

I'd question that, skoda have been offering 0% PCP for the whole of September, it's been all over their website too.

Nearly bought a new Octavia vRS estate the other week, 0% PCP with no minimum deposit was very difficult to walk away from!

Edit- that was with 3 years free servicing included too.

Penn":dl98ktgt said:
weebob":dl98ktgt said:
Penn":dl98ktgt said:

I'd question that, skoda have been offering 0% PCP for the whole of September, it's been all over their website too.

Nearly bought a new Octavia vRS estate the other week, 0% PCP with no minimum deposit was very difficult to walk away from!

Edit- that was with 3 years free servicing included too.
Sorry I ment yes PCP was offered but I didn't take it. It just wouldn't of fit us in this case as the wife will be keeping this for five years. More to do with saving for planned work on the house then anything else.

The vrs estate is a thing of beauty,

MovingShadow":3rc1rczv said:
19 mpg from a Clio RS?

I drove a Camaro RS in the US that had 23.5 mpg..
Yup. Not the car for heavy traffic, short trips and school runs oddly enough Lol.

Apparently that's not bad for an American sports car. Most cars in the US get 18 miles per gallon or less.