weird car problem!!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob_McLav

Reaction score
Have a weird problem that the traction control kicks in hard when im going around a left hand corner(but only once or twice a drive) and the front end just doesnt feel as planted on the road. There is no noises from the car and im not driving it like a twat and im not breaking traction at all. The front tyres are on way out but still have roughly 3 mill on them. Only changes i have done to car is put 205/40/17 toyos on rear as fronts already run the same size and this problem started just after tyre change but surley that cant be the issue? Any ideas?

I had this problem too, I also had a loose drop link, once that was replaced it seems to be okay. Although the 2 problems could be completely unrelated

Putting car in garage the morn to let them have a look. if there was a noise I could trace it but nothing at all it's annoying haha

Hey sorry late reply. Having all sorts of issues with car that is still ongoing. The garage changed a sensor on my car that should fix traction control kicking in as they suspected it to be at fault, and it's not fixed. Tyre pressures are fine and I'm not loosing grip, I'm getting new fronts next month so I will go from there.

Also I have a 1-2k random misfire that comes and goes, got the lambda sensors changed (£100 pound for each one btw) as a garage told me that this was problem and the misfire went away, for about two days. I suspected coil pack but was told by a different garage that's not the case.

So £400 pounds spent at a garage later and I'm no better off....

the traction control, ESP system is very intelligent on these,, It runs through the ABS senors and steering angle input... IF your steering wheel is not exactly straight (ie, have you had tracking done recently) this can cause exactly what you describe, also a faulty ABS speed sensor, Broken ABS ring (if fitted)... poor connectors due to water ingress ... so many things can cause it..

The misfire needs plugging and testing when driving, to see actual figures.. that should rule out coil packs , lambda sensors etc..

Hi thanks for replys, lambda sensors and abs sensors have been changed recently and I have a new set of toyo t1 -r's to go on front as fronts are getting low and if that doesn't fix problem I will look at tracking next, never thought of that, but it does not look like tracking is out as even wear but can always get it checked. Have a new coil pack in the house so will if that helps misfire (1 in 4 chance haha).

The tracking can be spot on, but IF the steering wheel is not exactly in the straight ahead position the computer will "think" you are either turning left or right ....it's called a steering angle sensor ...may need a renault diagnostic to test if it at ZERO degrees ...