Weird Engine noise

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clairemae

Reaction score
Hello i have a face lift twingo sport, its around 6 months old and the engine has changed to making a funny sound, forgive me its hard to describe but it sounds more like a diesel and needs oil ( it doesn't need oil i have checked) I'm going to book in under warranty but just wondering if any one had any ideas? its rather strange.

Thanks.

Mine does that at idle, particularly when cold. That's normal, right?

I bet I come across as a proper troll or worrying Nancy, don't I, with all the "me too!"s and "is this right?"s? I really am neither! I'm just a magnet for quibbles. If you want a demonstration, pick a restaurant and a day.

Though the other evening it was my fiancee that got a large, extremely sharp piece of metal in her curry(!!!!)

It happens from starting cold and just continues. Maybe i am been over worried and i will get laughed at by a garage but i just can't remember it been like this before.. :/

Ive taken it to the garage and its coming from the belt area.. so thats going back in to be all replaced. little worrying for a car that isn't a year old?

Dazza1":1m1vi7o2 said:
Joys of ownin a French car Claire lol

Corrected ;) I had loads of issues with mine within the first few months of having mine (ex demo, 8 months old when I got it)

Dazza1":36hwo9tg said:
Joys of ownin a rs Claire lol

I've actually owned a fair share of Renaults now, and tbh i've never really had any issues other than common things with the car getting older.

Mine makes a weird noise when started in v cold weather ie minus but I get the feeling sometimes that these cars were rushed lol my gf's megane has no problems or worries what so ever and is a year older with double the mileage