Weird noise at tick over

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rich88

Reaction score
I just noticed a weird noise coming from engine at Rickover.doesnt seem to get worse with revs.it sounds a bit like a bearing noise but is worryingly coming from cambelt cover area.anyone had this or know of a likely cause?cheers

The car was at running temp when I noticed it.no lights have come up scangauge doesn't show anything and it drives fine.i drove it home and am leaving it until get it to a dealer.worrying noise though was thinking might be tensioner bearing?

Well my diagnoses wasn't to bad.dephaser bearing is shot so with 9500 miles on the clock the twingo is getting a cam and aux belt change water pump etc.they found the two ball joint bushes were shot aswell so all being done under warranty.the usual u need two new tyres followed along with a worrying brake disks are heavily lipped but ur pads have 60% life left.bit unsure how disks can wear out before pads and after only 9500 miles.think they trying to have me on?

its just a visual inspection on the brakes dont worry about it they told me my 200 brake pads were 60% worn when they were 2 days old too!!!

id try like a bear to get free/discount tyres on the grounds that worn balljoints can accelerate wear lol i got 2 for the price of one from arnold clark after my tyres wore quickly due to them messing up the tracking

rich88":1cxnkfuf said:
bit unsure how disks can wear out before pads and after only 9500 miles.think they trying to have me on?

Yep.

Standard answer to a dealer for that one is: "Thanks for telling me" and walk away :lol: