What Car? Hot Hatch of the Year 2011

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Reaction score
RENAULT GETS 2011 OFF TO FLYING START WITH BEST HOT HATCH TROPHY AT WHAT CAR? AWARDS

After driving away with an unprecedented hot-hatch triple win at last year’s What Car? Awards, including Best Hot Hatch, Renault is enjoying the spoils once more, after achieving the same impressive feat in 2011.

In spite of a series of new and revised pretenders to the crown in each of the three Hot Hatch price categories, Renault’s pocket-rockets swept the board.

Topping the bill yet again was Renaultsport’s finest, the Mégane Renaultsport 250 Cup. Renault’s performance flagship not only stormed to victory in the over £20,000 group, it also held off a series of high-performance challengers who could not wrestle away its hard-earned ‘Best Hot Hatch’ title for the second year running.

Its smaller, but equally desirable and impressive handling brother, Clio Renaultsport 200 Cup, triumphed yet again in the £15,000 to £20,000 section, with the baby of the trio, Twingo Renaultsport 133 Cup, leaving the opposition trailing in its wake in the under £15,000 category.

Steve Fowler, Editor-in-chief of What Car? commented, “This is the second year running that Renault has dominated the hot hatch category at our Awards and the second year running that the Mégane Renaultsport 250 Cup has won our Best Hot Hatch Award. Renault clearly knows a thing or two about putting smiles on our faces with a range of thrilling hot hatches that are great fun and well priced. The best of the bunch, the Mégane, has that rare blend of talents that make it a true hot hatch great.”

Receiving the company’s first, but hopefully not last, award of 2011, Thierry Sybord, Renault UK’s Managing Director said, “I’m honoured to be accepting this latest award for our performance division, Renaultsport. They have worked tirelessly in recent years to hone every aspect of the driving experience in each of our hot hatches and I’m delighted that their efforts continue to be acknowledged by our customers, the media and prestigious awards such as these.”

Very good to hear :)

Despite showing this to work colleagues (the 2010 awards), they still say Renault cars are crap.

W*nkers...

I can't agree more ! Looks like I have made a good choice for my second car :D

personally i think that the twingo is prob the best of the three!
espec when u think of the price!
definitely the most fun/bang for your buck

i love the looks and handling of the clio but the power is rubbish.
and the megane looks mank

TURBO":m7vkidzj said:
personally i think that the twingo is prob the best of the three!
espec when u think of the price!
definitely the most fun/bang for your buck

i love the looks and handling of the clio but the power is rubbish.
and the megane looks mank

My order i liking the is

Twingo
Clio
Megane

Excellent, wonder if they'll send me a magazine thing like last year with all the articles of their press wins.

Al":2uwlig2l said:
Excellent, wonder if they'll send me a magazine thing like last year with all the articles of their press wins.

well if they dont let me know coz last year we had about 4million copies in the showroom!!!!

TURBO":116qvnhy said:
Al":116qvnhy said:

well if they dont let me know coz last year we had about 4million copies in the showroom!!!!

And the rest think we still have some somewhere

Twingogeekeo":3j863lcz said:
TURBO":3j863lcz said:
Al":3j863lcz said:

i thought it might have been u that ordered them all at the time :lol: :lol:

TURBO":31rb8brc said:
Twingogeekeo":31rb8brc said:
TURBO":31rb8brc said:
Al":31rb8brc said:

i thought it might have been u that ordered them all at the time :lol: :lol:

Na there auto issue

TURBO":15yxs2em said:
Al":15yxs2em said:

Will do!

Matt":2anmj0z1 said:
Very good to hear :)

Despite showing this to work colleagues (the 2010 awards), they still say Renault cars are crap.

W*nkers...
Lol. Do you work for a rival per chance?!?!