What fuel do you use in your 133?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick3814

Reaction score
As a few of you will know I'm now waiting for September delivery of a Mercury silver 133 and I wondered what fuel you guys use in the 1.6vvt?
I ask as I have the Megane 250 and it thrives on the higher octane Shell V-power, obviously it's a powerful turbo'd engine so this makes sense and I wondered if you guys would recommend using 98octane in the 133, does it make any difference or do you feel it's not worth it?

Cheers.

I used to just use 95, but for a while now I've been using 98. The engine does seem a little smoother & happier on higher octane, though on average I've got pretty much the same mpg.

In short:

Yes, Shell V-Power makes a difference.

Ghostz did a before and after with 95 octance and 98 Shell V-Power

GhostZ":2yd110wz said:
So i have done the re-map of the Gordini.
Thing is you will see 2 graphs one i did with BMC panel filter and the custom exhaust but i ran it on 95 octane (Esso fuel)
The 2nd graph is done afterwards cause the tuner itself was not satisfied with the result and told me come back free of charge and put it on the dyno again after you done 4-5 tanks of 98 octane (i used Shell V-power)

546799_372311789475704_190911027615782_1099971_744501770_n.jpg

renaulttwingors16i16v13.jpg

Original = P Lu.(mBar) 1023.2 | T Lu.(°C) 17.9 | DIN 0.987 | 132.3PK@6514rpm / 166.2Nm@ 4173rpm
95 Oct = P Lu.(mBar) 1022.1 | T Lu.(°C) 17.8 | DIN 0.988 | 138.7PK@6528rpm / 179.9Nm@ 4243rpm
renaulttwingors16i16v13.jpg

98 Oct = P Lu.(mBar) 1021.2 | T Lu.(°C) 22.9 | DIN 0.997 | 144.0PK@6717rpm /179.4Nm@ 4301rpm

Result = the engine response is amazing and also get more kilometers out of my fuel tank , so i am verry happy :D

This was one of the first questions I asked over on RS forums. Some people said they noticed a difference - others different. Graphs looks to show a positive difference there though.

Standard until its warranty runs out and the modding begins.

Don't see a point yet as it will benefit higher octane fuel with a remap more than just switching before a remap IMO.

I'm planning on takin real good care of her like I do the 250 so reckon I'll use V-power, as its a small tank it's less than £3 a tank more, can't wait :lol:

Nick3814":3fj9plo9 said:
I'm planning on takin real good care of her like I do the 250 so reckon I'll use V-power, as its a small tank it's less than £3 a tank more, can't wait :lol:

My thoughts exactly my Missis always says "why do you use that it's more expensive" I just like "yeah by like £2 meh why not"

I've never really looked into the benefits of premium fuels, though as it's payday and i've came out with much more than I expected to, I think my GT will be getting a tank full of vPower next time round.

Shell had a 14 pence difference between regular (not fuel save...) unleaded and v power unleaded at Grantham. That's not really small, 10% is getting into material variance to me :p

waitey":10ztb32s said:

Don't see a point yet as it will benefit higher octane fuel with a remap more than just switching before a remap IMO.

Agree with Waitey here. Just standard fuel until I invest in a Remap

we have 95 and 98 in belgium, both are suited for my twingo (on fuelcap)
used 95 and today first time 98 (shell vpower) and it really does run more smooth, especially in the lower regions :)

XNicolalaX":4xevb91s said:
waitey":4xevb91s said:

Agree with Waitey here. Just standard fuel until I invest in a Remap

also agree, deffo makes it run better, but will wait untill i remap it, hopefully later this year.

I used to flutter between 95 from bp and shell vpower. Then gave momentum a go from tesco for 3 tanks and I really didn't like it at all, seemed to get awful mileage from a tank and car ran like a bag of spanners. Switched to vpower and 4 tanks later I use nothing else other than this, so much smoother. That's my findings anyway

I use pretty much whatever premium fuel is on offer to be honest because the price doesn't bother me too much but I just filled up in Aylesbury after leaving Kam racing and the difference between standard and premium was 12p per litre!!!!

LCplParks":2s3v545p said:
I use pretty much whatever premium fuel is on offer to be honest because the price doesn't bother me too much but I just filled up in Aylesbury after leaving Kam racing and the difference between standard and premium was 12p per litre!!!!

That sounds like a big difference but on a full tank is still less than fiver! Think I'll be using V-power all the time, only 7p difference to the regular stuff up here in the northeast and if it makes it run sweeter it makes a lot of sense.

They've promised me a full tank of fuel when I do get her, what's the betting it ain't the good stuff!