What Happens at 30,000 Miles?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drunken Hobo

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm looking at buying a Renaultsport Twingo but I'm still a bit tentative about buying something French, due to issues with reliability. Somewhat suspiciously there are four RS Twingos from 2009-2012 with between 33,000-38,000 miles in my local area. It seems a lot of people want to get rid of their Twingo at the same mileage. By comparison, AutoTrader only has four Suzuki Swift Sports of similar age/mileage in the entire UK, suggesting that people hang on to them a lot longer. Is this just paranoia on my part or do people get sick of them after a while?

The model I'm specifically looking at is a 2011 RS Cup with 34,000 miles & FSH. Is there anything in particular I should watch out for on the car? There's a surprising lack of information out there on RS Twingos. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad sign.

Thanks.

Cambelt is 6 years or 70000 miles I think, had mine done at 6 years which was only 45000 miles

no idea, mines a 59 2010 car on 94k with FRSH, has had a clutch replacement due to a faulty slave cylinder and that about it. great car love it for bashing about in

There isn't a whole lot to look out for really. Mainly the ball joints are worth checking because they are made of play dough, I've had mine for 2 years now, and had no issues really worth speaking of.

Had forgotten I posted this. Cheers for the info. The car I was tentatively looking at has been sold but still interested in an RS Twingo. Decided against the Cup as I'd quite like the folding rear seats of the standard model. Also considering a Gordini but they seem to come at one hell of a premium.

Drunken Hobo":33p20diw said:
Had forgotten I posted this. Cheers for the info. The car I was tentatively looking at has been sold but still interested in an RS Twingo. Decided against the Cup as I'd quite like the folding rear seats of the standard model. Also considering a Gordini but they seem to come at one hell of a premium.

Hi,

I have a Twingo for sale with the rear folding seats. 2009, 41k for just £4,000. As suggested it will be recommended to get the belt replaced hence the cheap price. If you're interested, send me a PM.

If you want the folding seats (which are handy for passenger or boot space) but still get a bit extra, you can get the normal 133 with the cup pack! Best of both worlds!