What Made You Buy Your 133

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seeing and hearing that little car on Top gear!
Sold it to me!
i had to have it after i saw it on there!

I did have a 200 but wanted something cheaper to run and something that was just as much fun!

Couldnt leave the Renaultsport brand/manufacturer either!

Hmmmm....Right place right time I guess.

I've always been a hot hatch person, so was looking for something along similar lines.

Had my 54 Plated C2GT for about 6 months and it...just started going wrong.

1st the MAP Sensor went, £35 + £75 Labour (F**KERS) then the rear springs rusted and snapped (Common C2Gt/VTS/R Problem) and then entire Gearbox went on the way to the passport office. Dropped the box out the car, 6" hole in Diff, teeth shredded of Planetary gears, shafts whittled down to half their diameter. Oh, and the clutch had decided it didn't like it's friction material anymore so it went pop....

So I wanted a newer car with less miles and a warranty.

So, gearbox was fixed and a 59 Plate 133 was found with 784 miles on the clock, for £10,500. My C2 was used as P/Ex and I drove away the 133, loved every minute of it...well, except from my brother kerbing my wheels...and the Injection computer deciding to die.

Main reason....The ongoing Competition between me and my brother over cars =P He has a Swift Sport.

M

madmatt":2kqd79p8 said:
Had my 54 Plated C2GT for about 6 months and it...just started going wrong.

1st the MAP Sensor went, £35 + £75 Labour (F**KERS) then the rear springs rusted and snapped (Common C2Gt/VTS/R Problem) and then entire Gearbox went on the way to the passport office. Dropped the box out the car, 6" hole in Diff, teeth shredded of Planetary gears, shafts whittled down to half their diameter. Oh, and the clutch had decided it didn't like it's friction material anymore so it went pop....

Matt, interesting comments about your C2. I had 2 - a VTS then a Code (VTS-based special edition), and never had a moment's trouble with either.

But my Dad's got a C4 and has had 2 new clutches in it (and he's Never had clutch trouble in anything else, so unlikely to be his driving style)...

toni_133":3bx01bay said:
I`m the same as me, i did want the abrath but the twingo was so much cheaper and looks great

The abarth ain't all it's cracked up to be my mate had one new within 600 miles needed a new engine he had so many problems it's unreal

I ordered one 3 months before I ever drove one. I read about 18 months previous RS where making an TS Twingo so waited until a press release /some photos and as soon as they did went to Renault and their "sorry we can't get that out the showroom for you to testdrive as it's too new" showcar and ordered. I was one of the first in the UK to order but because of my options didn't get the car for another 3 months even though I was number 8 or something.

I was well over due on getting my first car. My dad said stick to something small like a pug 107 (c1, aygo), he however didnt say how small the engine had to be (",) and thus my path crossed with the twingo and the 500 abarth, perfect cars!

Read reviews of both, randomly went to a renault dealer on a day off to see it in the flesh, saw they had a used red 08 plate that was an ex demo and week later it was mine (",)

My decision between the rs and abarth was purely financial, I prefer the looks of the abarth but the 133's price and reviews of it's handling won me over.

8 months in and apart from novice wheel curbing, the car has served me well, especially around the bends weeeeeee.

Well....I was originally after a 200, in fact I had my heart set on one and was extremely close to ordering. I was persuaded by friends and family not to in the end as it was just gona cost too much to finance, insure, run etc.

About a month or so later a Twingo popped up for sale on the RUK website not too far from me and going for a decent price so went to take a look and I was sold.

A few months later im still a happy owner, needs a bit of work done mind you...wheels need a re-furb and scratch to be removed after some pikey c**t keyed it! Just got to get the money together which isnt easy especially seeing as I need a new tyre first which is gona cost £120+!

Just swapped my Mk1 Clio V6 for a 10 plate RS133+Cup pack after agonising over the decision for ages.Been a fan of RS cars for years owning R5Gtt,172 Cup,V6 and now 133.Had a blat in Ktec's Twingo when the Vee was in for work and was impressed with the handling straight away.The Vee was my only transport and 2 harsh winters + soaring petrol costs etc was making for difficult ownership on a day to day basis.Broke my heart to let the Vee go especially as it was previously Tom Walkinshaws car and a one off special build but i am very happy with the 133.Does exactly what i need and is a hoot on the B roads.I hear my Vee may well be off to Hong Kong to meet its luck new owner soon ! Just hope they look after it half as well as i did.

Matt":1gfmyua4 said:
Sounds like a great history! Must cost a lot less to run than a V6!
50% saving on fuel alone + rebate on insurance premium.
TBH the Vee was bulletproof for reliability except for the common coil failure but parts are hugely expensive if needed.
Theres no doubt the Twingo will cost a lot less to own and enjoy :D

The way prices are soring everyone will be in 1 liters in not time :lol:

On a real note welcome to the club mate be good to see pictures of both the V6 and the 133.

Well mine isn't a 133 its a GT and the reasons i bought it were:

- My Dads best man was selling it (aka Cheap £6000)
- V rare and unique car
- Quirky little hatchback
- Highly Tuneable as quick as a 133.
- VVV low insurance group
- I wanted a more modern car than a saxo.

Jordysport":2s8xc29c said:

- V rare and unique car

You have a Saxo i can see why you change ;)

Twingogeekeo":2t20ytff said:
Jordysport":2t20ytff said:

- V rare and unique car

You have a Saxo i can see why you change ;)

I deal in them lol, i have 17 cars atm :lol: :lol: and 60% of them or so are saxo's

Thought i would add my story.

Didnt get it brand new, found it by accident, a friend said a girl near him was selling a car he had never seen before so out of interest i went to have a look. Was a Renault Sport Twingo, i instantly fell in love with it. Not knowing much about them, i went away and had a look at a few sites, mainly Renault Sport , this site wasnt around then. Anyway when i went to buy it, the car had gone. Knocked on the door and the girl said she traded it in so i hunted down the garage and they had it!! Bonus. The girl said the only reason she got rid of it was coz it was to quick for her. So went down that day and purchased it.

Havent regretted it one bit!!!

When it goes wrong i dont like it very much but its all been repaired under warranty and if i drive another car i moan about the handling, steering and brakes so would never be happy with anything less now. I absolutely love my car. The only thing id say, is it could do with a 6th gear to bring the revs down on a motorway but thats only coz i spend loads of time on one, never complain when im on a back road thrash!! Its now done 37,000 miles in the 19 months ive owned it and loved every single one of them

Daveyb133":1rtndsvg said:
Thought i would add my story.

Didnt get it brand new, found it by accident, a friend said a girl near him was selling a car he had never seen before so out of interest i went to have a look. Was a Renault Sport Twingo, i instantly fell in love with it. Not knowing much about them, i went away and had a look at a few sites, mainly Renault Sport , this site wasnt around then. Anyway when i went to buy it, the car had gone. Knocked on the door and the girl said she traded it in so i hunted down the garage and they had it!! Bonus. The girl said the only reason she got rid of it was coz it was to quick for her. So went down that day and purchased it.

Havent regretted it one bit!!!

When it goes wrong i dont like it very much but its all been repaired under warranty and if i drive another car i moan about the handling, steering and brakes so would never be happy with anything less now. I absolutely love my car. The only thing id say, is it could do with a 6th gear to bring the revs down on a motorway but thats only coz i spend loads of time on one, never complain when im on a back road thrash!! Its now done 37,000 miles in the 19 months ive owned it and loved every single one of them

Nice story and it great you found the car again :) i spent 4 months looking for my one ! Oh the pain i went though :lol:

cheers mate, its a nightmare ain't it, especially when you see other cars but none of them are as good as the one you want. Least u found it though!! thats the main thing, and the car looks sweet now