What Petrol do you use?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only put Tesco Momentum in my car. I've tried all of the high octane ones and between that and Shell V-Power, they're the best, but Tesco is cheaper.

Dunno about anyone else but I can definitely feel the difference using higher octane petrol. Acceleration just feels so much more responsive and it does run a lot smoother. I get much better fuel consumption on it too.

funky_d":3tz5vs60 said:
I only put Tesco Momentum in my car. I've tried all of the high octane ones and between that and Shell V-Power, they're the best, but Tesco is cheaper.

Dunno about anyone else but I can definitely feel the difference using higher octane petrol. Acceleration just feels so much more responsive and it does run a lot smoother. I get much better fuel consumption on it too.

+1

V-Power for me but only because there are 2 shell garages within a mile of my house ;) again definitely feel the difference with 98 octane, when I bought the car it had regular unleaded in the tank and when I first filled up with V-Power it was noticeably more responsive

Always sainsburys 95 when possible as they cheapest in my area and over 40 mpg mixed driving styles so not fussed :)

V-power hands down car runs smoother and also the gas station is 100 meters away from me home so yeah ....

I tend to use normal and might put a tank or two of v power in every now and then but I don't see a big point unless it gets tuned abit as I don't use it much anyway

I always put premium in mine because I figure it costs like £3-4 more for the tank and it runs waaaaayyyy better